𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Blair's POV:

Monday had gone by faster than I had expected — I mostly spent it around the palace with Angie. It was now Tuesday, and Nick and I were heading to the park for the Royal Marathon Fundraiser.

I had convinced him to participate in the marathon as Angie, who had won the marathon last year, was also participating. Nick only agreed after I had told him Angie was on board as he said in his own words that he "wanted to see himself beat the returning winner." Nick and Angie were both very competitive; they always seemed to find competition with each other in practically anything.

We arrived at the park; there were already a few people scattered around, most were either racers or guests who liked to arrive earlier to avoid the large crowds.

"I'm going to go get my racing bib", Nick told me, I nodded and he walked away. The two bodyguards, who had accompanied us both, walked alongside me as I made my way to the canopy where my father, and other royals, were sitting.

As I walked to the canopy, I noticed Lady Sophie who was speaking with her father and King Joseph. I was close enough to them to hear parts of their conversation. "Your son is a very good man, Your Majesty, it was truly a pleasure to have spent time with him after the parade," she paused as she noticed me, then returned her attention to the King, "I'm sure I'll get to talk to him more at tomorrow's garden party," she ended.

I heard her excuse herself, which made me quicken my pace, "Walk faster," I instructed the bodyguards.

"Princess Blair!" Lady Sophie called out. It would be rude for me to continue walking away, so I forced myself to stop and turned around to look at her. "Yes," I replied.

"I realized I have yet to apologize for what I said to you, last time we talked — so, for that I apologize — however, I would advise you to stay away from Theodore. He's just not right for you, Princess Blair." She said. A look of utter confusion came over my face, "And he's right for you...?" I questioned. She turned her back to King Joseph, "His father believes that."

I was no defender of Prince Theodore in any way, however, I could see similarities between him and Nick — having a controlling father was one of them.

"His father isn't who we're talking about," I stated and I could see it in her face that she wasn't expecting me to reply in such a defensive manner. "Oh, I know, but he sure does play a big role in all of this, doesn't he?"

I already had more than enough with her and this entire conversation, "If that's what you believe, then I don't know why this conversation is necessary — goodbye, Lady Sophie," I stated. I could see the unamused look on her face, but before he could come up with what to say, I turned around and continued to walk away. I couldn't fathom that, that was what she had approached me for.

I kept walking, trying to comprehend the conversation that Lady Sophie and I just had, but I pushed it to the back of my mind when I got to the canopy.

I made sure to greet those that I knew and looked around to find a seat; I noticed Abel sitting down, on his phone, by himself and I walked over to him, "You didn't enter the marathon?" I asked.

He looked up from his phone, "No, running has never really been my thing," he replied. "Guess we have something else in common."

"Hey, by any chance have you talked to Theo—" I cut Abel off, "The prince and I aren't on speaking terms." My heart began racing faster — did he know about the incident at the ball — was he going to ask me about the incident at the ball?

It stayed silent for a few seconds. I didn't know if Abel was going to call me out on my lie. I didn't even know if Prince Theodore had told anyone about our interaction at the ball. Maybe for him, it was just casual flirting — nothing more — just an 'in the moment' kind of thing.