Lipstick.1

--- Aiza Ferro ---

The bell rang signalling all students that it's already dismissal time. Most kids ran half excitedly and desperately through the hallways, catching their breaths.
They wanted to escape the academic torture, didn't they?

And so... yes, dismissal is everyone in this school's happiest word. The word dismissal to them is equals freedom or rather, independence.
They're all happy that their grins go wide that it reaches their ears...

But not me.
Everytime I hear that word, I feel like that it's so lousy. There was never enough time in my life to do all things I wanted to do in a day.

Well let's blame the Earth's rotation, that a day last for only 23 hours and 57 minutes.
And the school, time only lasts there for about 8 hours.

And 8 hours is never enough for me to...

Whatever! Nevermind, I have a whole lot things to do. The chores at home are singing, calling me to tend them and I guess that's one thing of the whole lot that I have to do.

I sighed and shook my head.

Most people say that dismissal is the happiest thing they will ever hear in school. That they eagerly wait for the last period teacher to announce and say that word.

It doesn't work for me.
8 school hours is too fast.

In the 8 hours at school, I spend most of my time studying but during breaktime, theres something else I do, worth spending the time for.

During breaktime or dismissal time, I sneak, I hide.
It's not like I steal something or I'm a thief or a criminal, but it's just something else.

I do this every single day without fail.
And ever since I was in the 5th grade, this syndrome never left me.

After I got out of the school gates, I began to find my hiding place. And the good hiding place I found is the wall that supports the gates, and so I hid behind that wall.

I took the small compact mirror out, from the one of the pockets of my bag. I always bring my mirror whenever, I'm on this thing. And then I took a glance from my watch that indicated that it was already afternoon.
In fact 3:15 to be exact.

And so I lie in wait with my mirror in front of me, getting the reflection from the back of the wall. I can't just let my head out and let the others reveal that I'm sneaking. I just simply can't risk that.

Time. Shoot.

The reflection from the mirror revealed 4 familiar guys in their basketball jerseys, heading for practice. I looked at the copper haired boy next to Jensen.
I took a close look of his features to see any changes. But there really wasn't any. He's still the same.

After looking at his merely beautiful reflection, I closed the compact mirror. I put it in my bag and then snapped out of my wildest imagination.

And then I sighed at one realization.

He'll never change. Nothing's gonna change is it?

And then I walked briskly down the streets and head home with my head flying in a daydream and Taylor Swift singing in my head.
------------

4 hours after that moment, the phone rang as I was about to cook dinner. I took the phone from the table and answered the call.

"Hello?"
"Hi, sweetie."

My eyes widened in shock as I heard the voice and then I exclaimed.
"Mom!"

"Oh my gosh... sweetheart, I missed you."
"I missed you too, you know? Where've you been?! It's been 2 months since I lost contact with you..." Tears flowed down to my cheeks with the feeling of reluctance to believe that she's calling me. I wiped those tears as she spoke.