First Introductions Are Everything

As a soft breeze blew across the valley, the sun began to set. It was quite a beautiful spring day in Sanctuary. Everything was peaceful, and everything was going perfect. Winter spent his time helping teach some of the humans that came to visit more about dragon speech and culture. He also always made a point to use the word 'human' as it was what they wanted to be called.

Winter often enjoyed these times, Wren was a very interesting fellow, Sky as well. They had so many stories to tell and Winter found their ability to communicate perfectly with each other, very inspiring. Winter had been trying his best to learn the human language, but his natural dragon grunts and roars sometimes got in the way, but he was able to hold a conversation with Wren, which Winter felt pretty proud of.

However, these moments weren't to last, as when the sun set, so did the enjoyment of Winter's day. Winter finished his lesson and said goodbye to Wren and Sky, he did have to stay for a moment longer as Sky always had to hug Winter goodbye, Winter enjoyed the extra time with his friends though, so he didn't mind.

Friends...that word came to Winter's mind often. He remembered his friends, and everything they had done. It had been quite a while since Darkstalker, and even longer since Cottonmouth and Freedom. Winter felt like all that happened centuries ago, but no, only one year. Winter's friends seemed to be caught up in their own lives, especially their school lessons and...their relationships. Winter had mixed feelings about all that. He remembered how he acted with Moon, thrown away his chance to be with her, and he also thought of Qibli, the dragon that he had developed a deep crush on and then quickly had that hope shattered. Winter wasn't regretful of meeting those two though, they were good friends and he found out that maybe males were a gender he could fall in love with. Bi was what Winter had found out he was, and he was proud of it.

Things with his friends had been rocky though, Winter didn't like all the gushy letters he'd get from them about everything they did with their lover, even Peril got Clay to write a letter saying that they were now dating...though Clay did need to try to stop getting cookie crumbs on the paper as he wrote. Winter also had something to be angry at his friends for, they lied to him...for months. He had no idea Darkstalker was turned into Peacemaker. He only found out when his friends all came to visit him...the one and only time actually. They causally talked about some stuff and then Kinkajou's scales turned a proud orange and happy yellow when she boosted about her accomplishment in making Darkstalker good again by turning him into Peacemaker...Winter still remembers the shocked faces on everyone, Turtle even spit out his drink. They all tried to explain, saying how they were all just worried about how'd he react. Winter didn't bother and slammed the door to his room and didn't come out. They all left eventually and Winter came out to find a note, with the word sorry on it. Winter burned it in a small fire pit, he used as a fireplace if he needed a bit of heat for guests.

Winter found out more about Peacemaker through letters and such. Winter never wanted to see his friends again after that. I don't want to forgive them...they purposely did that! They didn't even trust me! Winter felt his tears building up again, he needed to hide quickly, he had a reputation to uphold, he had to be the smart, dignified, diligent, and sometimes snappy dragon everyone saw him as. He didn't want anyone giving him pity for seeing him cry either.

He quickly rushed to a spot between two of the larger houses in Sanctuary. He needed to let this out before someone saw. Winter took a deep breath and just sat down as he cried. He wanted everything to be perfect again. Where did my happy day go! Why can't I trust my friends anymore, why do I always need to be alone... Winter knew he was allowed back at Jade Mountain and the IceWing Kingdom again, but the thought of seeing his friends, and his family...it made him sick to his stomach. Winter cried for what felt like an hour, but it was more or less ten minutes. Winter finally stopped and sniffled as he wiped his eyes with his wings.

He looked toward the sky after this. The sun was nearly gone, and now the trouble of falling asleep would come to Winter once again...all the hours he'd spend alone in his house...all the moments he's be counting the position of the moons to see when every dragon was supposed to wake up, and even the small moments of rest that were either too short or gave him painful nightmares. Today would end like it always had...or would it?

As Winter turned to leave, he heard a sound. Something...weird...it sounded like a scream...a very loud scream. Jeez why is it getting louder...wait that would mean-! As soon as Winter turned around he had but a moment to react as a dragon, about his size but just a bit smaller, slammed into him. Winter fell right on his back with a grunt and closed his eyes, the shock of it all having him laying there stunned. Finally Winter opened his eyes and there he saw something. A dragon, a cute one at that. This dragon appeared have light blue scales, with a light silvery tint to them. The underside of the dragon's scales appeared to be a seafoam green, quite unusual to see these colors mixed together on anything other than a SeaWing. Winter could tell this was no SeaWing though, the dragon had some icicle blue colored horns, and two antennas with the same color. The dragon's wings seemed to have a earthy color, almost like the colors of the grass and water mixed together in a water paint like design. The dragon even had a dark blackish blue necklace on, it stood out in a good way. Winter then realized something else, this dragon had their eyes opened too, and they were staring their jade green eyes into Winter's sapphire blue eyes. Winter also noticed something else, which brought a deep blue blush to his face. Their snouts were pushed close together, their bodies as close as could be, and their mouths were locked on a kiss, a kiss neither could break away from. First impressions sure are everything.

Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please tell me what you thought of it and leave a like :D I hope I didn't make too many mistakes. If you have theory or idea for what should happen next, leave it as a comment as well, who knows maybe you'll influence the next chapter >:D