Chapter 9

Jamie's POV
I sit back down and Jared seems like he saw a ghost. We sit at the table in an awkward silence until Jared speaks up saying to me, "I am going to go walk around. You want to come with?"

"Why not?" I reply ready to have alone time with him before this afternoon. "See you in English, Liam."

"Okay, have fun you two," Liam says smiling. I can tell it isn't a real smile, though. It seems like he is hiding something from me. I will have to talk to him about it at some point.

Jared and I walk out to the courtyard and find a nice shady spot under a tree. He sits down and gestures for me to do the same. Once I sit down, he wraps his arm around me. I lean into his shoulder.

"I really like you, Jamie. I want to call you mine and never let you go. I want to grow old and live together forever. I want you to be my girlfriend."

"I don't know what to say-" he cuts me off.

"Say yes. Be my girlfriend and I will be your boyfriend."

"Okay, I'll be your girlfriend, Jared Smith."

We settle into a silence. There we are: under a tree in each other's arms, smiling. The bell interrupts our comfort and we have to part ways.

"Can I walk you to class?" Jared asks trying to be a gentleman.

"Of course you can."

He stands up then helps me up. We grab our stuff and start to walk hand and hand to my science class when we get there he gives my hand a squeeze and heads of to his own class.