XIV

"Right there, fuck, Jess..." Eva moaned against her ear, pressed against the blackboard. Jess deftly maneuvered her fingers leading her to one orgasm in turn. Eva groaned, her body shuddering and she collapsed on Jess, her fingers digging into her arms. The brunette held her tight. Pulling her hand out from under her skirt and licking fingers. Eva looked at her with awe.

After a moment she straightened her skirt and buttoned up her blouse. Her lips were swollen from kisses.

"I swear you're getting better at this." She murmured to Jess.

"You have an incredible appetite, Mrs. Trenton." Girl grinned.

"Yes.. that's true..." The woman looked down slightly, as if remembering something, but after a moment she shook her head and smiled at the brunette.

"Why don't we finish grading the tests?" Jess asked, looking at the pile of papers piling up on the desk.

"Do you mind finish by yourself? I have a doctor's appointment..." Eva smiled apologetically as she looked at her watch.

"Are you sick?" Jess asked anxiously.

"No, of course not. It's just routine research." The redhead replied stroking the girl's cheek.

"Okay.. then I'll see you on Monday?"

"Definitely." Eva winked, put on her coat and left.

It was almost midnight when the phone ringing woke her from her sleep. Still with her eyes closed, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Jess?! Thank god!" Eva was crying. Jess immediately sat on the bed, pulling on her pants.

"Something wrong? Why are you crying?" The girl asked in a husky voice.

"It's Ashton... I can't find him, I've been calling his friends but no one knows anything. Elle wanted to go look for him but it's the middle of the night and Ben is in San Francisco... can you..." Eva hesitated. "I'm sorry, I feel stupid asking," Her voice broke, and Jess heard several sobs before she spoke again. "Can you look for him? Ride around town? I'm afraid he's gone to the old pitch."

"I'm on my way." Jess said and hung up, wearing a hoodie and leather boots. Downstairs, she grabbed her jacket and the keys to the truck. James was sleeping on the couch again.

She drove a few blocks and looked at parks in a better neighborhood to no avail. She stopped at the station to buy coffee and refuel. And she started again, rubbing her tired eyes. Finally, she entered the old quarter, passing old, dilapidated buildings. It was as if she was entering another world. Most of the streetlights were off, and there were dealers and prostitutes on the street at this hour. She looked around as she drove slowly until she stopped in front of the old playing field. The graffiti-painted entrance building looked empty, but Jess decided to check it out. She got out of the truck, slamming the door silently, and walked through the broken door and inside. She was usually here during the day when the kids were playing basketball or riding the ramp, but now it was dim, and in the flickering light of the only remaining lantern, she saw some boys standing over another sitting on the ground. Jess recognized Ashton even though he had a black eye. From this perspective, he looked like they hadn't done much damage to him, he was talking to them furiously about something.

She walked over to them.

"Leave him alone." She growled at them. They turned to her in surprise, there were three of them. The two exchanged something in whispers. She recognized one from the front. "Caleb?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Jess!" Caleb recognized her. "It's not a good time for basketball, come tomorrow if you want to play, this time I'll kick your ass."

"What are you doing with the boy?" Jess asked right away. She'd known Caleb for a while, he didn't seem like the threatening type.

"We're doing business." Caleb replied noncommittally. "You know him?"

"Yeah, that's my... buddy." Jess said it simply.

"Oh..." Caleb looked uncertain. He knew Jess was good at punching, they sparred sometimes.

"Why don't you let him go?" she asked.

"Look Jess, you know I don't have anything against you, but damn... the boy's father put my brother behind bars. For fight in self-defense, you get it?" Caleb said shaking his head.

"I told you I had nothing to do with this." Ashton said quickly.

"You're his son. Let him worry a bit and think before he puts an innocent boy behind bars, just because he got a lot of money from the other side." Caleb got angry.

Jess raised her hands.

"Caleb, I'll take my friend now and we'll go, okay? It's not his fault he has a father like that, is it? You didn't pick yours either, and you said yours was shitty before he disappeared, leaving your mother. "

The boy stared at Jess for a long time, but finally nodded, stepping aside. The girl crouched next to Ashton.

"Can you stand up?" she murmured.

"I think I have a broken ankle."

"Hold on to me and I'll help you up."

They were already leaving when Caleb shouted after them:

"You're lucky, golden boy... this time. If you come here again, not even Hunter can save you."

Jess led Ashton to the truck, helping him sit up. She looked at him, but he looked fine.

"Are you okay? Are we going home or going to the hospital?"

"Home." Ashton said softly with a sigh.

Jess backed off and hit the gas, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible.

"Why did you go there?" Jess asked, driving very fast through the old town.

"I made a bet with the boys in class." Ashton grunted, blushing.

"Couldn't you shave your legs or head instead?" Jess asked, remembering the stupid bets of her classmates.

Ashton laughed.

"I'll suggest it next time."

There was silence before the boy spoke up.

"How did you find me?"

"Your mom was worried and gave me directions." Jess shrugged.

"Wait, it's two in the morning... she dragged you out of bed at this hour?" Ashton was shocked.

Jess blushed without answering. They arrived at the place.

"Come on, let me help you out." She said.

Mrs. Trenton ran up the driveway in her bathrobe.

"Ashton, baby!" And she ran to him, taking his face in her hands and examining it thoroughly. "What happened?"

"Can we come in? I'm cold and I need to sit down." The boy said and Jess led him inside. As he sat on the couch, Mrs. Trenton immediately began questioning him and hopping over beside him with a blanket and tea. Jess backed away, feeling invisible, and stepped outside.

When she finally got home, she fell asleep almost immediately. Just getting a short text from Eva - Thanks.