p4. Fall for me

I gazed up at the sky blocked by the leaves of a tree with my head in Keade’s lap as she pet my strawberry blond hair. I pretended to listen the idle chatter from the group of six friends surrounding us on the grass.

Keade is my childhood friend and she approached me on the first day of school and immediately offering to buy me my drink at lunch, she understood that in return for spoiling me I will give her all my attention.

Keede knows that I am targeting someone and that what I’m giving her is only temporary, but she is used to this since we have had this arrangement since grade school.

I felt Keade tap my shoulder and I rolled of her lap like a cat so she could stand up, all of Keade’s friends or should I say lackeys quickly moved to follow her. “Haruka.” I heard her call my name softly and I wandered over to her and grabbed onto her arm. She continued to talk with her friends and started to walk across the field. I got bored so I let my gaze wander to the crudely painted school. But in the corner of my eye I noticed a familiar girl with dark hauntingly beautiful eyes.

I tapped Keede on the shoulder and she followed my gaze to Aiko. She had a sad smile on her face, but I new she understood. She looked at me “Haruka you'll go get me a soda wont you?” she said out loud so the group wouldn’t think less of her. I kissed her on the cheek as my thanks. “Bye for now Keede.” I whispered in her ear.