3 - A New Home

The drive was long and quiet. No one had enough energy to talk after the excitement of the party. I didn't know what happened after Angela and I left, but it must have taken a long time  to get the kids to stop throwing food, or the kids ran out of food to throw.
   The dad found me and Angela outside and told us that the party was over and we were going home.
   This drive didn't take as long as the first one, but was still terrible. The car stopped at a yellow house with a long driveway and a large lawn. I could see a small pond in their backyard, but not much more because it was getting dark out.
   "Go put the pig in its pen and come back in for dinner." The mom said to Danny.
   "Okay. I'll be right back." Danny said with new found energy.
   He jumped out of the car with me in his arms and ran to an old looking barn. The barn was looked like the average barn, covered with red paint, and white paint outlining the doors and windows.
   Danny opened the large doors and walked to a stall that had a concrete floor and concrete walls. It was empty except for a small water dish in the corner.
   "Welcome to your new home!" the hyperactive kid yelled.
   He plopped me in and locked the wooden gate behind him before leaving.
   I looked around the stall but found no food. There wasn't anything to do except lie down and hope that I could find some sleep.

   In the night it got cold without hay or family to sleep with. I could hear the mice trekking the ground outside of my stall in search of food, I could even sometimes see the outline of mice heads as they peeked over the stall door to see if I had any food to steal.
   As I struggled to sleep, I couldn't help but find my mind wondering back to my family, but it only got me depressed remembering that I would never see them again.
   This is hardly a place to call home. This is a prison.