Chapter 1: Mallowmelt and Boys

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —  Biana POV

She bit down on the top of her thumb nail, nibbling on it, as she paced back and forth in her room, staring at the box that sat on the dresser

Biana sucked in a breath, glancing at the big white letters scrawled across the box in a fancy sort of script that spelled out

M A T C H M A K E R S

Biana wasn't naturally afraid of The Matchmakers, in fact, up until a few months ago she longed the idea of having her own winnowing gala, and dancing with the perfect man. But that was before a close friend of hers was listed as unmatchable, simply because The Black Swan wouldn't reveal who her parents were. And a certain someone popped into her life.

No.

Biana shook her head refusing to think about the handsome light blue eyed boy, with a sharp jawline, and an impeccable smile, that is when he did smile—most of the time we was scoffing and rolling his eyes—but Biana couldn't help smiling at the thought of him.

The real reason she was so afraid to open the box, was if she saw her scroll, and did not see his name on it. She would cry so hard, and lock herself away for weeks without telling anyone the reason.

That's how much he meant to her.

Everything.

"No, no no no No!" Biana shook her head back and forth "I need to get my mind off of this.." she muttered under her breath, tracing the panic ring Dex had given them with her finger, "I need some Mallowmelt..." She rushed down the steps, backing up a little when she almost stumbled into a strong back, narrow, but masculine, and-

He turned around and the tiniest smile fell on his slim lips, his eyes glistened a way they never had before, his cheeks tinted a happy shade of pink, she couldn't help when her cheeks stinged and her face grew hot.

Biana could practically hear the grin as a proud voice shouted out breaking the silence, "As much as I looooveee, Tiana, I can't really stay long. Got a date with Foster!" The Ice blue eyed elf said, clicking his tongue and pulling his hands out of his pockets and into little guns. Tam rolled his eyes at him, "You're just jealous bangs boy, and hey! Can't say I blame you Foster is one lucky lady to have the Keefester going out with her! And-"

"Continue that sentence. I Dare you." Sophie gritted her teeth, her brown eyes looking like daggers.

"Awww! But Foster, you know I can't say no to a dare!" Keefe tilted his head and smirked at Sophie, waiting for her to make a remark.

Sophie sighed and turned to Biana, "It's not a date." She said rubbing her temples as if she was trying to ease a growing headache, "Keefe is just coming over to my place to help me with something" Sophie turned her head and glared at Keefe. Keefe's smirk grew even bigger,

"Woo! Nice emotions Foster! You're getting a little feisty!" Keefe laughed and pretended to be an angry bear only to start cracking up and wheezing as he placed a hand on his stomach and crouched down, dying with laughter.

Alden appeared out of his office with a concerned look on his face after looking at Keefes sunken form.

"Should I even be asking?" Tam shook his head in response to Alden, his long dark silver tip bangs swaying, Biana couldn't help but think of all those times he tugged on his bangs—a nervous habit—when he thought no one was looking, and she thought of him leaning down toward her and-

No!

Biana shook her head harder, almost letting the words slip out of her mouth. Everyone looked at her like she was crazy, but when she looked at Tam a glimmer of worry shone on his face, making Biana's heart melt. Biana quickly covered up her actions with a lie that all this keephie was getting to her lonely heart and that she needed something sweet, she was able to slip into the kitchen,

Where a lonely piece of Mallowmelt sat, Biana's mouth watered as she went to grab the slice, a hand stopped her, snatched the Mallowmelt away and held it high above her head.

"Fitz!" Biana said turning around "Give it-" Her eyes widened as she looked at the figure who was most certainly not her Brother, it was Tam.

He looked down at her and a faint smile slipped, "uh-uh Bi! Fitz had this saved for me" (is he allowed to call her that?) Biana's cheeks flushed but she quickly looked up at Tam and mock pouted at him, a Flicker of worry crossed his face and his arm wavered, dropping a little, just low enough for Biana to steal the plate of Mallowmelt out of his hand.

Biana smiled and turned around, "Fitz didn't save this for you, he didn't know there was any Mallowmelt left!" Biana stated walking away

She devoured the slice quickly while sitting on her bed studying for her level 4 finals, reading about how at a point in time, all of the intelligent species were battling each other, and much to Biana's surprise even the elves were killing, Biana licked her finger, setting down her plate and leaning in closer to her book, to make sure she understood exactly what she was reading.

Biana heard a creak from her doorway and waved them away without looking up, "Huh, whatever your reading has gotta be interesting for the great Biana Vacker try to shoo me away!" This time Biana slowly tilted her head up, she let out a slow exhale as she realized it was only Keefe.

Wait a minute, only Keefe? What was Keefe doing in Biana's doorway?

Biana shut her book and leaned back against the headboard, "So. What can I do for you, Keefe?" Biana asked, raising an eyebrow, Keefe walked in and Biana motioned for him to close the door behind him. He said on the gnomish chair across from Biana's bed he let out a heavy sigh and creased his eyebrows together, "it's Foster" Keefe said, he leaned back and told me everything. Biana grinned mischievously, and suddenly her discovery about elves killing was completely forgotten, finding Keefe's love life farrr more interesting.

AUTHORS NOTE

——x—x—x—x——

Celebrate with me when I say this will hopefully be my first published Fanfic, created on Google docs, and labeled THE infamous: Fanfic 😂 literally no other emoji describes this title, And I will say sometimes I will miss my publishing dates, (because I have a life) and sometimes my little notes will either be at the beginning, end, or none at all.

8-04-23 

Word count:1243

Came back, looking at that authors note...yeahhhh