The 8 reasons why

y/n POV

You wake up from your deep sleep. You've always known yourself to be someone who sleeps a bit too badly. But once you are asleep, you will wake up feeling worse than ever. You look at yourself in the mirror. You look just like any old plain girl in your High School.

You were never one of the popular ones, those that love putting on makeup and looking their prettiest. You're just there to study and thats all the matters especially when your whole life, your parents has been constantly forcing you to do whatever they want you to do. And that is to study. 

You look at the clock and realize that you still have a while before school. You hastily comb down your messy curly hair, that had beautiful curls naturally. Putting on your plain old school uniform before leaving to head to school.

As you walk to school you see, Jessica making out with some random boy, probably her third boyfriend this week. You shrug, unable to believe how anyone could waste time on relationships.

The school bell rang just as you walked into class, and you nonchalantly plop down into your seat pulling out all the books along with your notebook ready to take notes for the day. Your eyes glaze over as the sound of gossiping and rumors pass around you, you are uninterested. But a few words did catch your attention, "transfer student... boy... China"

Just as you are about to look around, your teacher walked into class, and tailing behind her was this boy. He took off his sunglasses to show off his sharp, intelligent puppy eyes that dart from person to person. His cool demeanor, as he entered the room was instantly noticeable. Today he was wearing a worn out green hoodie over his twinkish frame and a pair of ripped jeans. His face seemed to have been sculpted from an artist from the renaissance with a jaw line that could kill.
You feel the temperature getting a bit hot, but you push it aside, its probably from anger because you knew that this boy would join the shallow hive that forms the majority of your class.

"Class, this is our new transfer student from China, his name is Xu Minghao. Everyone please treat him well!" Ms Christine announced.

Ming Hao waved and gave a nod to everyone,
"Hi everyone you can call me The Eight," his voice was smooth like butter.

The girls in the class started saying Hi in unison. You could feel Jessica eyeing him from across the room.

You shrugged, " Is it because the number 8 is a lucky number in china?"

You felt his eyes meet yours and your heart froze for a second, he gave off this cold, uncaring look but as you delve deeper into his deep earthy brown eyes. In that tense moment of connection, you feel that there was something starting to brew within you.

"Actually yeah, it is because of that," He let out this cute laugh that slightly broke his inhuman facade, it was this high pitched cackle. And it made him feel more human almost.

"I hear that MingHao used to do B Boying back in his old school, Ming Hao,why dont you give us all a showcase of your talents?"

Ming Hao smiled, and there was a bit of apprehension. He stretched his arm and started going nuts on the floor, he spun on his head like a beyblade and it was the sexiest thing youve ever seen, because his hoodie was pulled down from the gravity and you could see that underneath all that, he had a perfectly sculpted six pack.

When he was done the whole class erupted in cheers, you were just there sitting in silence. Girls ran up to him and started trying to chat him up. Jessica pulled him aside from the rest and started blinking her eye lashes at him. The whole time, Ming Hao was just smiling and saying thank you to all the compliment that he was getting.

You rolled your eyes and went back to writing on your notebook this story that you had in mind. You've always enjoyed going back to a world of your creation, one that made more sense. That was until a  long slender finger tapped your table.

You looked up and you saw him, 179 cm , staring down at you.
"Hey, no one ever understood my nickname before... Its cool that you knew. Whats your name?" 

You tried your best to put on your most uncaring face, you knew that a boy like this would never talk to you just because they wanted to. He was probably out to embarass you or something. 
"The names Van. Vanessa Olivia. But you can call me nobody."

He giggled, that stupid cute laugh again.
" Ok Nobody, nice meeting you."

"Alright everyone, get back to your places, class is starting now." Ms christine announced.

As Ming Hao walks pass you, you notice Jessica just staring, watching everything.

The class went as usual, you kept quiet in class even though you knew all the answers that the teacher asked. It wasn't worth your energy to answer. It was the piercing shrill of the school bell signifying break time that cut the monotony of life short.

You quickly packed up your bag, grab your notebook and a pencil, and started heading off towards your safe space. For years at this school you have always retreated to this relatively secluded spot from the rest of the school, where you could finally just sit down and write in peace. It was like a little nook, down the stairs, overlooking the teachers' parking lot.

As you rounded the corner, you bumped straight into a perfectly sculpted body. Dropping your notebooks and pen on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I didnt see you..." The boy bent down and started helping you pick up your dropped belongings, as he slowly looks up at you, his brown eyes staring into yours, "Van?... I mean nobody. Hi!"

You were too stunned to speak at first, why was he here? Was this a dream? No. It had to be Jessica, Jessica set him up here, to embarass me, to disturb me. 

You pulled your books out of his hands, and glared at him, "What are you doing here?!"

"I.. Urm.. I'm not too sure, I just wanted to get away from the crowd, you know." he rubbed his fluffy hair and looked down at the floor. "It gets tiring sometimes out there."