•Prologue•

"Why do I have to go?" Sammy complained, dragging his feet as him, his mom, his dad, and little 8 year old sister walked into a small building with large letters that wrote "Coffee Cats" on the top, "I mean, I could stay home, I'm twelve."

"Because it's your sister's birthday," his mom answered.

"Can't she do this with her friends? I don't like cats."

"Quit complaining. We are doing this wether you like it or not. And plus, if you're well behaved, I might get you a cat along with your sister."

"What?" His dad exclaimed, shocked. "Two?"

"Yeah, it would be good for responsibility."

"Can't they just get a fish?"

"Quit it, honey. We already agreed. Remember?"

His dad sighed, "Alright."

When they entered, Sammy was breath taken. Fake ivy lined the light brown walls, and paintings of cats and coffee decorated the black spots of each wall. There was a separate room branching off with a big window to view out of with one of four tables right next to it. The counter was decorated with cat statues, and the menu had a few cats on it. His sister walked over to the window with curiosity, standing on her tiptoes to see what was inside.

"Look, the cats!" She exclaimed.

"They have their own room?" Sammy frowned.

"Yup. First time?" A voice sounded from behind the counter.

Sammy turned over to where the person was. She had black hair with blue highlights that matched her icy blue eyes.

"I have a reservation for 'Timmers'," his father told her, pulling out his credit card. 

"Can I see your ID?"

"Sure," he said as he pulled out a separate card that Sammy assumed was his ID. 

Only moments later, him and his family were in the separate room filled with cats. Sammy stood there awkwardly as his parents and sister pet all the different cats. He looked around the room, and found a small chair away from the cats that he could sit in. As he was sitting down, a fluffy white cat with deep blue eyes hopped on his lap, curled up in a ball, and started purring. Sammy stared at the cat for a few moments, then decided to gently stroke the fur along its spine. 

"Aww, you're a good kitty," Sammy said gently as he got more fond of the small white cat. 

In return, the cat looked up and blinked slowly. From what Sammy had saw on YouTube, that is a sign of love and trust. Sammy smiled, becoming aware of how sure and sweet cats really were. The two sat there for a while, then the cat jumped down and walked over to a toy and picked it up. It was a small stick with a black string tied to it, and at the end of the string there was an array of feathers surrounding a small pink mouse. It brought the toy over to him and dropped it as it rolled around on the floor.

"Alright..." he said cautiously as he stood up and gently picked up the toy. 

He had never had any sort of pet- let alone played with one. He slightly waved it around, causing it to jump up and grab it, eyes mischievous. He kept waving and thrashing the toy for the rest of the time, laughing as the cat failed and caught it over and over again. A small bell sounded, signaling for everyone to get out of the cat room. The cat jumped slightly and ran off, its ears flat.  His parents gathered him and his sister out of the room, as his mother talked to him.

 "So, find any you like?" 

Sammy looked up at his mom, delighted. 

"Really?" He beamed. His mom nodded. 

"You really think I wouldn't notice my son getting along with his worst enemy?" Sammy looked into the room. Enemy no more.