Chapter 40

Chapter 40

-Noah's POV-

I was thrown by a maid onto a very spiky chair. I tried to arch my back away from the wooden spikes, but I couldn't, due to the pair who had put me onto the chair. They held my shoulders and pressed my back into the piece of furniture. I didn't quite consider it furniture, but I hadn't the time to debate lexical choices.

Crow was pushed onto a table, the likes of which were all too familiar to me. It was incredibly close to the table which I had been laying on when I suffered due to Bertrand. I hadn't thought of him in a little while, at least four hours. It seems that everyone wants to kill us. That was made even clearer when most of the people in the room grabbed knives and other torture weapons.

Crow didn't struggle out of the grip of the two who were above him. He probably figured that it was absolutely useless to fight, deep in the dungeon of a vampire-infested castle. He glared fiercely at them though and kept glancing towards me every now and again. There were too many things happening at once, or two very important things.

"Let's see," Geppetto said, breaking me from my train of thought. "You are a super powerful vampire. And you are a very normal vampire." He gestured between Crow and I, acting like a parent who caught their two children doing something wrong, and was now figuring out how to punish them. "Let's do this."

He must've given his staff explicit information and directions before we came here. Maybe he had a 'just in case these two teenage boys and their accomplices try to visit us, here's the plan of torture and torment' meeting. Or maybe he did this to many of his guests, why else would he have a torture device installed on the roof?

The workers didn't come towards me, but they went for Crow. I wasn't expecting it, so it took a little while for my brain to compute what was happening. When I did, anger flowed through my veins like the poison had a few weeks ago. "Leave him alone," I growled. My eyes had begun to glow red; I could see that because my arms had become red.

Geppetto just laughed. It made me struggle even more against the hold on me. The more I pushed, the more pain I endured, because they would shove me further into the back of the chair, causing pinpricks of pain to sprout over my back. I didn't care much, but the wood stopped me from moving forward, because they had dug so deep into my flesh that it was difficult to shift at all around the wood.

"What should we do first?" Geppetto addressed me. "I do really enjoy some squirming. Maybe we should cut out his tongue? Or we could go a bit lower?" He trailed a knife from Crow's lips to his chest.

"Stop," I commanded. My voice didn't sound like my own. It was like I was being possessed by someone. "Let him be." My words were futile of course.

Geppetto hummed, as though considering, but it was obvious he was just enjoying my pain. Then he pushed the knife into Crow's stomach.

Crow let out a strained scream, he tried to keep the scream in, but the pain was too much. Tears came to his eyes and spilled down his cheeks. I didn't know if it was the glow of his veins or if he was crying blood. The entire scene filled me with even more rage. I didn't know if I screamed, cursed, insulted, or pleaded, but there was a fountain of noise from my mouth which I couldn't control.

My ears rang, my body felt like it was on fire, the room became red. I pulled at the hands which held me down, and I pulled free. I felt like some of the wood from the chair had embedded itself in my back. More vampires hooked themselves onto me like fishing hooks, I lost all control of myself as I fought. I punched, kicked, and even bit the people who tried to restrain me.

Geppetto's laughter filled my ears along with Crow's screams and grunts of pain. I smelled more blood, more very sweet blood. I didn't know if it was Crow's or the vampires who I attacked, but it fuelled my power and strength. Soon there were around four of us in the room. There was one worker who I had yet to hurt, or kill, or whatever I had done to the others. They had backed up towards Geppetto, standing beside the operating table which Crow still lay on. Crow didn't try to get up, even though there was nobody restraining him. His stomach was bleeding heavily, but the knife which had been used was metal, and would apparently heal quite quickly.