Part 1

Mex as narrator: The world is caving, the rivers are drying, the end is coming.

I step out into the dried, crunchy, water deprived grass as the sun shines directly into my eyes. I put my arm over my face and groan.

"Ugh"

A bloodwing bounces onto me and tries to bite me.

Bloodwing: Humanoid creatures with White skin and deep blood red colored eyes and gross teeth with stringy peices of hair only about ten strands on each being.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a knife. I plunged the knife into its leukemia hair loss looking head.

"Agh"

I groan as I pull the knife out of its head and it falls onto the ground while still gurgling.

"I'm so tired of this shit" I say to myself while turning back into the cabin.

I look around the room doing a headcount to see who made it through the night.

Charlie, Darcy, AshLand...Umber,She's not here.

"Where's Umber"

"I heard the Cabin door open last night" AshLand answered

"Great, so She went out again"

"Yea guess so"

I ran out the door and behind the cabin.

"UMBER WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU" I YELLED.

The Eerie silence surrounded me as I walked through the woods that seem to never end.

The oak trees sway as the wind creates at cool feeling on my face. I guess autumn is about a month in. I can tell by the colors of the leaves on the trees. Back then before all of this, the leaves didn't change until about a month into fall. I would've forgotten all about what time of the month it was if it weren't for Darcy. She's the one to keep tract of the month. Every time a day goes by so does an inch of the cabin wall, as darcy keeps track by writing on the wall with a red crayon I'm surprised she still has. Well if I'm being brutally honest I'm not surprised she still has that crayon she's kinda a kleptomaniac. She always has been. I would know Darcy is my sister.

I got lost in my own train of thought I didn't see Umber standing right in front of me.

"Oh, Jesus!!" I jumped

"Sorry"

"What the hell are you doing out here"

"I heard a noise"

"So you went to go investigate, how stupid are you"

"I-I-I'm sorry"

"Come on let's go back to the cabin"

We walked back to the cabin, I'm slightly ahead of her. I turn back to see her limping.

"Umber, what happened"

She looked up at me fearful of what I would say if she told me.

"UMBER"

She jumped startled and tears rolled down her face then it happened. She fell on the ground crying, groaning, and holding her ankle.

"ZANDER, ASHLAND" I yell and run through the woods.

"ZANDER, ASHLAND"

I keep running until I reach the cabin.

"Zander-AshLand-Umber-she needs-help" I Explain out of breath.

I start running as they follow me. I run up to Umber and bend down to her level as she still cries lightly.

I tear rip off her shoe and sock and examine her foot.

"You where bit" I gasped

Umber looks up at me cries.

"I don't wanna die"

"Umber I'm gonna do everything in my power to make sure that you survive this"

"Please, it hurts"

"I know your gonna be okay"