Chapter 7

I couldn't really sleep so I decided to surf and watch the sunrise

I couldn't really sleep so I decided to surf and watch the sunrise. Riding the waves calmed me down, it was like reading a good book and I know a good book when I see one.

I walked back to the house and saw Susannah outside finishing Steven's portrait "There you are! Early morning surf?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yeah, uh I just needed to clear my head."

"Alright. Can you wash up? Your Aunt and Uncles will be here soon."

"Are you sure they're coming? I don't want to be like last year when they didn't show at Christmas." I told her and she smiled.

"They're coming."

I went inside with Steven following "Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven asked and I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge "Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven. Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her." She said and Steven frowned.

"Ew. No way."

"No, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm already going with Shayla." Steven said and I smiled.

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel questioned and looked to Steven.

"As an escort?" "Wrap your head around it, Mom, all right? Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her." Steven told her and Susannah smiled.

"That's wonderful."

"Oh, and don't forget, Ms. Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock." Susannah told us.

Belly nodded "I'm asking Cam today." Belly told her and Susannah looked to me.

"How are you coming along?" She asked and I looked at Jeremiah then back to her "I uh asked Noah last night, and he said yes." I told her and she smiled then pulled me in for a hug.

"Wonderful! Oh, you are going to look beautiful in your dress and with Noah by your side." Susannah said and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"I don't know my kids anymore." "Wait, are you wearing makeup?" Belly asked and i frowned, looking at Laurel and I nodded.

"Yeah, she's wearing makeup."

"Oh, my... She definitely is."

Laurel rolled her eyes and I chuckled "So what? We're having a party." She said and Susannah smirked at her "Mm-hmm. I'm sure it has nothing to do with John coming to the clam bake?" She said and Laurel scoffed.

"Oh, please. The husbands always come
for the Fourth." "He's not your husband anymore." Belly chimed in and Laurel chuckled. "Oops. Yeah. Ex-husband."

"You know, I still don't understand why you invited Dad's girlfriend." Steven frowned and I smirked "Her name is Victoria, and your father wanted us all to meet her. Oh, Belly, I need you to make up the guest bed." Laurel said and Belly frowned. "Wait, Dad and Victoria are staying here? In the room next to mine?" Belly groaned and Laurel nodded "Yeah."