Rain Drops, Lightning Rumbles

Aeon sighed as he looked at his phone again. He had just finished reading one of the time-travel-fix-it fictions he had been obsessed with for the past few months. The story wasn't as well-developed as the other online novels he had read, but it was still a fun read.

He looked at the time on his phone and noticed that it was past the time when his former classmate, who had contacted him last night, had asked to meet up. He had been waiting for an hour now. At least for the past hour, he had had something to distract him from the dreary weather outside the cafe he was sitting in.

Now, he had nothing to do but watch as the sky cried out with a roar. Rain and thunder always made him feel tingly, like something was about to happen and he was just waiting for it to pop. And there it was. As the door chimes for another customer, he noticed two people coming in a hurry.

One was a petite girl wearing a sun dress, which was really contrasting to the tall young man beside her, wearing a grey pants with brown shoes, and white dress shirt.

At first, he thought they were just a couple waiting for the rain to pass or just another customer, but as the two went near him, he noticed right away how familiar they looked. Oh, it was them.

"Aeon..." The girl wearing a sun dress in this weather smiled at him. He immediately got a sense of déjà vu as he remembered a girl who was shorter than this and wearing baggy clothes and longer pants. Despite the immense differences in clothing style, the grin of the one and only Aviva Wyatt was still the same.

"Avi..." He immediately stood up, shocked. He only remembered that Luverne Anadi, the guy who was now right behind her after tucking the umbrella in one of the corners near the door, had contacted him.

"I thought he wouldn't recognize you, after all, you look more like a girl now than you did before—koff" Avi jabbed Luverne's sides. Well, if ever that would definitely make him remember the boxing champion in their year.

"Catch up you two, I'm just going to order us more drinks and snacks." Before Aeon could ask Avi to let him do that, Luverne grabbed his shoulder and hugged him. "It's been so long, man." Despite being 162 cm, Luverne stood taller than him, maybe he is around 164 or 165 cm.

"Will she be okay?" Aeon pointed at Avi, who was now on the line at the counter, looking at her phone. "Oh, she'll be fine. I never remember her drinks anyway. They're too complicated and detailed, so she always does the ordering and I do the paying. Hahaha." Oh... are they?

"Uhm, are you guys together? Like, together?" Luverne looked at him, shocked but with a teasing smile. "Yeah, been two years now. You'll never know, right? Anyways, let's sit already. We're looking like a fool here."

Aeon couldn't help but look around and notice that some customers were eyeing them, or rather, just Luverne. Luverne had always been a tall and good-looking guy. And him and Avi being together might not be as surprising as he thought, after all, they fought like cats and dogs when they were in junior year. And there was bound to be something between people who paid too much attention to each other.

Aeon remembered how Luverne would always be the center of attention in school despite being quiet. But Avi was different. She was quite the tomboy and she didn't seem to care about popularity. But Aeon could tell that she was drawn to Luverne, even though she would never admit it.

Aeon smiled as he remembered how they would always bicker with each other. They were always getting into arguments, but they always made up in the end.

"How's it been?" Luverne asked as he took a seat opposite Aeon's table for four.

"Here, I just graduated from college and am now officially unemployed. How about you?" Aeon asked as he took a sip of his coffee, wincing as it was a bit mild now, after sitting out for half an hour.