27. Netlix and Chill

Ever worry that it be ruinedAnd does it make you wanna cry?When you're out there doing what you're doing Are you just getting by?Tell me, are you just getting by, by, by?Where is desire, there is gonna be a flameWhere there is a flame, someone's b...

And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by?
Tell me, are you just getting by, by, by?
Where is desire, there is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try
--Try by Pink

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**
Okay, so this chapter is by far my favorite one that I've written so far! 😅After this chapter, everything starts to get VERY interesting!!! Just wait till chapter 30 ya'll 😌 FYI- Plot twists and angst are totally my thing...
BTW- I've started writing another Edward Cullen fanfic as well, which I think will turn out to be an even better story than this one. I have 6 chapters written so far, but I'm waiting to publish them until I get a better feel for the story.
Thank you so much to those of you that actually read this story 🥰 I'm glad I can share my weird fantasies with others.
**

(Edward's P.O.V)

My frozen heart felt like it was going to implode at any given second as we walked out of class. I couldn't tell you for the life of me what that the lecture was about. I was far too entranced by the beautiful girl beside me to pay attention.

After she told me the truth about what happened between her and Damon, I felt like I had the life sucked out of me. She was ready to give herself to him completely. The relief that coursed through me knowing that she hadn't was like no other.

We walked side by side outside, heading in the direction of our vehicles. The static danced in the air between us- our arms nearly touching. I looked down and gave her a gentle smile. Blood pooled deliciously beneath her sun-kissed cheeks.

I inhaled a quick breath, allowing myself to taste the sweet scent on my tongue, hoping I would be able to start building up a tolerance to it. Not that it truly mattered anyway- given that I would be leaving her in peace in less than two months time. I felt my face twist into a scowl at the reminder.

She hesitated when we reached the parking lot; her bright eyes looking up at me. I melted. The blushing girl had no idea how lovely she truly was. She nibbled on her lower lip in a timid manner, causing my jaw to clench.

"Edward?" Her voice was like trickling water over smooth stones; soft and soothing.

I couldn't stop the cheesy smile that spread across my face as I stared down at her.

"Yes?" I quirked a brow at her in questioning.

Her heart stuttered in her chest as she readjusted her bag across her shoulder. She was nervous. My smile grew at how precious she was.