Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Shirley's P.O.V

Looking at Luscius, then back at Laurent, I realized something strange between them was currently happening, or for all I know, happened in the past. ''Shirley, you've punished him enough, it is my to finish him off.'', Laurent said holding me in his arms, looking down at Luscius, his glare was vicious and terrifying. ''It's him!! It's him!! The crazy murder!! IT'S HIM!!'', Luscius yells to the top of his lungs, throwing himself at Laurent, being restrained by the chains cuffed around his arms. I jump at his vigorous attempt, slightly screeching, flinching. Laurent stands still as Luscius met him face to face. They both had dangerous looks in their faces, but Luscius's toned down, showing fear in his eyes. Laurent seemed to go from a negative to a positive, very quick. (A/N: 0-100 Real Quick xD) His beautiful dark brown eyes changed, and his pupils shrunk smaller, turning his eyes to a sorta lighter brown. Magnificent, the way his emotions control his eyes. Just a guess, he isn't at ALL happy. ''Laurent, he's been punished enough. Let him rest until he is due to his last day.'', I pleaded, tugging Laurent's arm. He looks at me, slightly growling from within, ''And that day is today.'', Laurent fiercely said between his perfect sculpted clenched jaw. ''What! No! Queen, you cannot, this is MURDER!!'', Luscius yelled to me. ''Queen Shirley, you CANNOT let this guard kill me! THIS IS MURDER I TELL YOU, MURDER!!'', Luscius yelled at me, throwing himself forward, struggling in the grip of the chains. Laurent looks back at me, grabbing my hand, tightly, leading me to the door. ''Laurent, please let me go, this isn't right!'', I pleaded. Laurent stops, grabbing my shoulders, powerfully, bringing me to his chest, it seemed as if he was going to yell at me. ''His time is late, now it's off with his head, Shirley.'', Laurent said, sweating and breathing heavily. Somehow, those words scared me. He leads me to the door again, lightly pushing me out. I didn't understand what he wanted with Luscius so badly, it's not like he exposed him in anyway...or did he?

I stumble on the hall way walls, holding on for dear life. Laurent slams the cell door, locking with a metal bar controlled by the inside. I regain my balance, running to the door cell, screaming through the cell bars. Selena and the guards were out visiting villagers, it was Laurent, Luscius...and I.

Laurent looks at Luscius, he was flopped down on the floor, nearly balled up, sobbing his last tears. Laurent reveals his armor, one by one, chest plate, under amour, leaving him bare shirt, abs and all. He reaches down for a sword, brushing the dull side with the palm of his hand. He couldn't hear me screaming, no one could, in this enormous castle. ''Please, No! I will not share your dearest secret, please, Laurent, PLEASE!'', Luscius cried, pushing as far as he could against the war. My tears stopped, and all I could do was watch. Yes, this fool killed my father, but what would killing him do for me? My father wouldn't have been proud, we would've been ashamed. He taught me to never look back on revenge, and keep moving forward. But this...this is not what I want. Watching Luscius being murdered by my one and true love is like a bull ram its horns into your own flesh in blood. I totally forgave Lusicus, but now that I'm watching his own death, front show, I wish I wouldn't have punished him at all...

''Laurent'', I cried through the bars. He stops in front of Luscius, looking to his side, over his shoulder. ''Please, don't do this. What is it worth?'', I said to him. He froze for a second, looking back at Luscius. Yes, it took almost hours of staring to get Laurent's attention, full attention. He throws the sword down, falling to his knees. I watch as he fell on the floor, sorrowing in the palm of his hands. ''Je vous ai échoué, papa'', Laurent sobs in his hands. His french was heavy. Yet, I understood him, well, what he was saying. I don't understand what he meant, but his french was clear. Standing there confused, I notice foot steps down the hall. ''Shirley!!'', I look down the hall, to see my mother racing towards me, holding up some of her dress. She jumps into my arm, embracing tightly. Guards raced up behind her, running towards the door. They bang on the door, multiple times. ''Mr.Bourgeois, we are ordering you to release the lock of the door!'', a guard yelled through the bars. ''Shirley, are you okay? Are you hurt? Have you been injured?'', Selena asked checking my whole body. ''Yes mother, I am fine. No injuries, scars, or bruises. No medical attention needed, I am healthy.'', I said smirking, hugging my mother. ''3...2...1!!'', the guards yelled, banging down the door, all in sync. Making their way straight to Laurent, helping him off his feet. ''Laurent Nicolas Bourgeois, you've been punished to solitude for 8 days!'', A guard said, under the weight of carrying him. No response from Laurent, just tears, leaking from his chin. The guards lead him off down the hall, leading to a solitude cell far from Luscius. I step in front of them, holding onto Laurent's chest, ''Please, guards, let him free!'', I whimpered. They look to my mother, and I look back at her as well. ''Let him free, please, guards, he is not a savage, he is Captain, and the Queen's lover. You cannot do this, this is going past the Queen's order!'', Selena said with sympathy, stepping forward, putting her arm around me, leaning on my shoulder. ''The Kingdom Rules, Code 57, all threats to humanity must be handled/Solitude.'', A guard said. Selena opens her mouth to speak, but keeps quiet. I look to Selena, ''Mother, you cannot let them do this! Are you going to let them take Laurent away like that?'', I said looking to her, staring into her eyes. They glistened, and she starts to tear up. ''Shirley, I am so sorry, but they are going to have to take Laurent away.'', Selena says, nodding her head. ''What?!'', I said. ''Daughter, please, it's only 8 days, you can last without Laurent until then.'', Selena said, looking at me, as if as she knew everything was going to be alright. ''You don't have all the answers, mother!'', I said, pushing from her grip, and angrily making my way out of Solitary Cell Area. My mother has disappointed me, very much engraved my last nerve. I thought she was on my side, but I'm just seeing, she does nothing to make me feel better. Selena is better then Bella, but right now, anyone can be better then Selena. Anyone.