8. Giving Heads

THE NEXT MORNING, Ramsay summoned his wife to go with him in the godswood.

Lady Nisha as usual was dressed in her black-as-the-moonless-nights garments with matching escoffion with long veil made of lace that covered her head. She was still in her mournings, but she didn't appear like she would change the way she dress from then on. The black hue, black as shadows, black as the ripper's hood - seemed to be her permanent color now. No more yellows, no more blues, no more greens; just darkness around her that matched her broken soul.

"What is it?" She asked in her maintained monotone voice when she arrived behind Ramsay in the godswood.

"Come closer." Ramsay said. And she did.

They stood side-by-side in front of a small garden of Blue Imaris nearby the weirwood tree. Its petals were yet to bloom, and it indicated that they were newly planted. The small flowers looked like the blue-haired tiny nymphs, popping their heads above the ground, taking a peek to the outside world of cold.

"Do you like it?" Ramsay asked. "I planted them for you. I know the garden is still small, but in time, they would grow and occupy around the weirwood tree. It will be full of Blue Imaris... your favorite."

"I appreciate it. But you don't have to. The back of the castle is full of Imaris."

"But it's a long walk. I want you to have your own space of solace with them. Somewhere near. Somewhere you can easily pick them for Gevie... for our daughter." Ramsay slid his hand to hers and had their fingers intertwined. "I know how you love to fill her altar with these flowers. You don't have to slip past the walls unprotected."

Nisha pulled away from his hold. "Don't sympathize with me now." She snapped bitterly. "She would not be dead on that altar if you hadn't been worse with me." Then, she stared deeper in his icy eyes, accusing him, hating him, yet her flaming gaze broke with melancholia. "We could have been happy. We could have been whole. I loved you from the start and was willing to spend the rest of my days here. But you let me regret that and now I loathe you from all of my core."

Ramsay tried to approach her, but he stopped to where he was when he saw Nisha backed away. The way her face winced in repulsion sent thorns that wrapped his heart and made it bleed. "I was a fool - I admit that - a monstrous fool. I hadn't realize the treasure I had until it's gone. I meant it, you know? Those words I said to you in the woods."

"Those words are not the truth."

Ramsay stepped closer, and quickly, he reached for her hands. "They are, my lady, and I would say it again..."

"Don't you dare."

"I love you." He said, daringly.

"Well it's too late. My heart is shattered to love you again."

Ramsay brought her hands on his lips. He kissed them gently, and rather lovingly, then stared back at her light brown eyes.

"Then a martyr I would be."

Nisha harshly snatched back her hands from him then turned around to walk away. She had nothing to say to him. His confession rendered her mind blank.

As she was near to the outdoor pathway towards the inner courtyard, a man hiding from the trees that lined the side of the trail jumped at her. Nisha landed on her back. She tried to get up, but the man held her down.

"We will be heard. We will be seen."

Nisha stopped struggling when she heard that familiar chant, accompanied with a familiar voice. As she focused on her assaulter on top of her, she realized it was Rickon.