New Start In Life

Its 5:30 and I think to myself I better get up before dad wakes up cause then he'll end up yelling at me or maybe even hit me but he hasn't hit my for awhile now surprisingly so I get up and I get on some new cloths which is usually all black people say I'm Gothic because of it but I ignore it cause I know its not true I just wear black cause I'm not a colorful person I never have been I slowly open the door cause my door is loud and don't wanna wake up dad I go to the bathroom and as I look in the mirror I feel like crying cause of how ugly I am I wish I wasn't so ugly and I have a feeling I'm not gonna have any friends here cause of how ugly I am I used to have a group of friends but I also used to live in a small town so my friends were more like family but I had to move to this shitty place I rush myself to put on my makeup and brush my teeth and hair and I go start working on my chores I have to scrub the floors cause we don't have much money to buy a mop my family is usually poor and when my dad gets a lot of money he spends it on drugs I'm suprised I even have cloths on my body and a roof over my head and food in my body but I guess child support covers the food I get done with the floor and the rest of my chores all I have left is to feed the dog and I look at the time on the microwave and its 6:25 so I go get my bag off the wooden floor in the bedroom and I go to open the door its so bright out that it hurts my eyes cause my house is dark most of the time while I open the door I remember the time my dad slammed the door shut and told me to stay home I make the flashback go away and I walk to school which is not too far mostly if I have music cause music makes me not feel alone and it makes time go by fast I look up after looking down the whole time walking with my head down and I see the school and take a deep breath and say to myself its either here or the house so I walk in the school 5 more minutes til the bell rings I'm not really hungry cause I'm not a morning person so I just go to the cafeteria all the tables are full of people so I just stand I feel stupid just standing here so I go to the bathroom and just stand in the stall against the door and close my eyes wishing I was dead the bell rings and I don't feel like going to class just staying where I'm at the whole time but I force myself to go it can't really be that bad I look at my schedule and I go to room 5 which is math I hate math its confusing complaining while I walk I usually walk with my head down its something ive gotten used to and I run into a guy texting on his phone and I quietly say sorry picking up my bag that fell and looked up at him and he has dark brown eyes and brown hair he's pretty tall and he says *Don't be sorry is there any way I could make it up to u?* I put a fake little smile on and say *nope but I do need to get to class* he says *Alright heres my number if u need me all u gotta do is call me nice to meet u by the way* I chuckle saying thank u and nice to meet u too* I walk away slowly 10 minutes late for class I walk in to room 5 and everyone stares at me making me very uncomfortable cause theres like 20 kids in the room and someone shouted *hey theres the new girl!* I look at the chalk bord acting like I didn't hear anything then the teacher askes what my name is * my name is Rachael* the teacher tells me to go take a seat I feel my face heating up when I pass people I found a desk at end of the row and sit in it I realize that the guy I ran into in the halls was right beside me he turns his head where I am and he smiles at me then I smile back the teacher starts talking and of course I go off into my thoughts and shut out everything around me I feel stupid arguing with myself about if I like him or not apart of me says u just met him don't screw it up he probably has a girlfriend already and another part of me just likes him and denys what the other part of me thinks I push my thoughts aside cause all I'm doing is confusing myself and as soon as I'm back to the real world and everyone is leaving so I guess class is over so I go to my other classes and once school is over I went somewhere besides home I'm walking beside the highway tree's covering my surrounding cause there's so many and I hear this crying it sounds like an animal but I'm not sure what it is I go through the trees trying to find where the sound is coming from and I find it and its a baby German Shepherd tied to a tree and its mouth is in duck tap but half of the duck tap was off its mouth I hurry and take it off the tree and I slowly take the tape off and I sit down and I gently put the puppy on my lap and pet and talk to it and all of a sudden I hear someone through the bushes and thinking to myself I hope its not dad or I'm gonna be in so much trouble.