Espresso?

Another great day at work. Like always!

I'm Harmony and I work at a beauty store. I get to do makeup for other people and sell makeup to people. I love makeup!

It is really cold outside. I am currently snuggled up in my tiny modern apartment with a fuzzy blanket, espresso and my best friend Karina is here.

" Harmony Waters, you need a man in your life!"
" Karina , I have Elliot!"
" He is your friend, friends do not count"
I roll my eyes and make myself another espresso. The bittersweet taste helps me all the time.

I currently live alone and I am 23. Karina is 23 and lives with her husband Xavior- James.

Just because she is married does not make her less of a person then I am! Right?

Karina leaves and I sip on my espresso. The air is damp and the trees sparkle with patches of pearl snow.

My dog Lavender sits on her bed and shuts her eyes.

I guess my home is boring. It is only 5 pm and she closes her eyes?

I make some soup and a sandwich. I plop in front of the television and watch the news.

After I am done supper I clean the house and glance at the clock. It is 9 pm.

I change into my panties and crawl into bed. I shut off the light and close my eyes until I hear my buzzer ring....

I put on a robe and look through the peephole. Some blonde guy.

I open the door.

" Sorry to bother you. I am Andy and I moved next door yesterday. I was wondering if I could borrow 2 eggs to make dinner? I promise I will pay you back. I need to go shopping tomorrow morning."

" Sure thing" I chime

I hand him the 2 eggs.

" Can you tell me your name?" He asks

" Harmony Anne Waters, age 23. " I tell him as I shut the door.

Well this new neighbour should be a hoot.