-Chapter 2-

7 Years Later

How did it come to this? Me sitting in a hospital hoping my parents don't die. This is not how it was supposed to happen! I had a bad feeling about everything when they said that they had something urgent to take care of on their wedding anniversary. We planned a surprise for them, I called them asking when they'll reach home and then all of this happened. A police officer called me from the crash site instructing me to get to this particular hospital and Here I am with my little sister waiting for the doctor to say that they'll be fine.

"You alright?" I looked at my sister who was sitting quietly next to me as if she was thinking about something. She had been like this since I was five and she was four, She barely talked to anyone at home, she was like a ghost in our house who only came down for meals and then went back to her own thing. She didn't even like to celebrate her Birthday, which was a shocker when it first happened. She had always been so distant, this was the first time we were having a proper conversation in months.

"I'm fine" She answered with no intention of continuing the talk. It had been an hour since we arrived here, and I needed some time to organise my thoughts and maybe a little fresh air. "Do you need something to eat or drink?" I got up ready to leave "Anything works as long as it tastes good and some water" She finally looked at me and I could see that she was barely managing herself. "Got it!" I told her as I started leaving. I am a pathetic older brother, I couldn't even console my sister when she needed me the most. A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it out.

I was outside on the veranda of the hospital garden in one of the chairs, It was raining more than usual today. The veranda had a few lounge chairs and a few tables and a few potted plants were there to decorate the place even tho it was unnecessary. Besides me, there was just one other person on there. I didn't take much notice of him, I was too busy in my feelings. It was just yesterday when they promised that they'd reach home on time today.

"It's raining more than it usually does!" exclaimed the other person "As if the whole world is crying!" he finished I was in disarray but I still managed to ask "Why would the world be crying?" and he raised his hand to his chin and massaged it for a while before answering "I believe it is because someone noble sacrificed themselves for the sake of the world." I finally chuckled "You are a crazy old man that cringe stuff only happens in fiction, there is no way that would happen in real life." he wasn't offended but he just smiled "You will understand this one day kiddo and when you do, just imagine me saying 'I said so'." I was still chuckling when I remembered I had to bring food for Amelia. "It was a nice chat old man but I have to go now, see you later" I got up and left for the Cafeteria.

I was returning with food when I suddenly bumped into a girl, She had brown hazel eyes and a dark complexion and she was one of the prettiest girls I had ever met. She was wearing a green woolen sweater and some jeans  "I am so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you" I apologised while picking up the water bottle I just brought. "It's alright," She said in a low voice and left "Well that was weird," I thought to myself as I reached Amelia "Eat up!" I handed her chicken wings and a bottle of cold water. I was now sitting there with my elbows on my knees and my hands clasped hoping that the doctor would bring in good news. 

Rain grew fainter and fainter until it stopped and it was the break of dawn and there was still no news about my parents. I didn't know when I fell asleep but when me and Amelia were woken up by the doctor. "What time is it?" I was still groggy after waking up. "It's quarter past ten" he responded while looking at his watch "How are our parents?" I heard Amelia Ask the doctor both of us were standing now. The Doctor sighed and asked, "Isn't there supposed to be an adult with you guys?" I answered him about how we didn't have an adult with us. "YOU ARE TELLING ME YOU ARE HERE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION?!" the doctor screamed in shock but then kept his composure and only said 2 words. "I'm sorry".