3

The house was being cleaned from the top to the ground. I could not complain because it needed a deep clean. I just wish I was allowed to help. I had to respect his wishes. I could not break a promise that I promised to keep. Thomas wished to do as what he was trained for — being a slave.

I could not understand why he did not want to be free. Did he believe it to be a trap? That I would snitch to the government, and he would be killed...

Thomas is correct — we shouldn't be friends.

"Thomas — we need to go shopping," I said. "Come on, we're going in five minutes."

The last thing that needed to be done was my office space. Thomas was re-organising everything from my laptop, to the threads, and to the material hung on the walls. I couldn't be more thankful. I wish I could hug him as a thanks. I had to stick to the boundary.

I am a Master and he is my slave.

Thomas has not spoken to me as soft as he did when we first met. His voice is rough, and low, making him more threatening to a human. He wouldn't harm me. He could not even use his wolf to threaten a human. He would be killed. I am safe. I am more safe with a wolf than without a wolf in my home. Nobody would dare to hurt me, with a wolf by my side.

One request I had was not to put Thomas on a lead — it was degrading. Thomas accepted this request as he too thought of similar sense.

I needed more material to make customer's clothing (and Thomas'). I needed a way for him to be able to pick the fabric without being caught by passers, or the government. If I was caught, I could only imagine the trouble in which I'd be in. I don't think I would die. I believe a warning would be put in place. This would be my first offence. First offence equals a warning, and a government official will keep an eye on you through the CCTV.

Thomas and I walk side by side in silence.

The store is five minutes away from my home. I keep my head down to avoid the passing CCTV hidden in street lamps. You can tell by the red light flashing in the middle of the the bulb.

"Head down," I whisper.

"What?" Thomas whispers.

"The CCTV will follow our move. Put your head down," I warned.

Thomas put his head down. "Sorry."

"Remember for next time," I whisper. "We are almost here."

The shopping mall is right in front of us, I put my head up, and Thomas copies me. I was the first to walk into the mall. People where walking around with their adopted immortal, on the lead, as told to do by the government. No immortal should be off a lead, because the creature could be mistaken for a human. I forgot about how the immortal could be mistaken for a human. What was I going to explain to my neighbours? That was one rule that I shouldn't of broken.

I walk over to a bench, sit down, and attempt to control my breathing. It was too late to buy a lead. I would receive a warning. With a clean record, I could be put on the watch list, and I would rather that didn't happen. I was going to have to pretend that Thomas was Human. A human who has come home from war.

The world is in so much chaos.

The rest of the world was battling a war. America was the only country in which established it's rules. People are attempting to rid of the supernatural. America is a country that decided to use the supernatural to their benefit.

"Thomas — I made a mistake," I whisper.

"What mistake?" Thomas asks. He puts his hand on my back. "Breathe, Rosetta."

"You need a lead so that people don't mistake you for Human," I explain. "I broke a rule."

I put my hand on my heart, breathe in, breathe out, again, breathe in, breathe out. I was having a panic attack.

Thomas whispers in my ear. "Let's pretend I am human."

"Why would I have another human living with me? I am not dating anyone," I whisper. "I can't ask you to do that for me. I would be breaking your rules."

"I do as my Master tells me," Thomas whispers in my ear.

"We need to fake being in a relationship. I do not want us to be in trouble."

"Of course — Master."

"Let's go shopping," I order.

I stand, and offer my hand to Thomas, who takes it as he stands. We keep holding hands. My hands are jelly as they wobble. Thomas squeezes my hand. I could be killed if I am caught. Thomas' cuts and bruises are hidden with a turtle neck top, we should be okay. I had one spare after my last boyfriend, last year.

People stared as expected.

I had to look up to meet Thomas' eye. I attempted to just keep my head forward. I could not draw more eyes than there already was. I wished people would mind their own business.

In the first shop, nobody questioned us, and we were in and out with minutes to spare. The second shop was were the disaster struck. I was picking out the material for Thomas to choose from. I let him feel each fabric. I put back ones which he didn't enjoy. It was a swift process. I wanted to be in and out so that I don't have to talk to anyone.

He asked to carry the fabrics, so I allowed him, and he had three or four rolls underneath each arm. Thomas was strong — there was no denying it. I doubt I could carry that many. I would end up dropping them, and causing a scene. That would mean more eyes on us, when there is enough.

We are done.

"Just these please," Thomas says — to my best friend, Dusty Lawson.

That's how we met — through this store.

"And who is this," Dusty says. "Introduce me — Rosetta."

"He's my boyfriend," I lie.

"Oh really since when?" Dusty asks.

"A month ago," Thomas replies.

"I'm going to have to come around for the gossip," Dusty says. She flicks her blue hair so that it was behind her shoulders, and out of the way. "Is that okay with you?"

I nod. "Of course, it's okay."

"That's one hundred dollars," Dusty announces.

I place my debit card on the machine, and it beeps — it's approved.

"Have a good day," Dusty says. In a robotic manner as her boss walks by. Once the boss has passed, she winks at us. "See you soon."

Thomas carried the fabric all the way home. As soon as we returned home, I instructed him to place them on by my office. He did as ordered.

I collapsed on the sofa. What have I done? What have I fucking done? I lied to my best friend. She is going to see right through my lies. I can never lie to Dusty. I was going to have to sit down with Thomas and come up with a story. A story with no plot holes. Where do I even begin?

I was going to hell.