Chapter 7

"You two know each other?" Ryan asks his daughter.

"Well, yeah, this is Jay, my friend-" Ryae's eyes wander to the suit Jay is wearing and recognizes it as the suit the businessman from earlier was donning.

"There is absolutely no way you're the young CEO our city's young female population is going crazy over," Ryae says in disbelief.

"Is that so hard to believe?" Jay asks with a smirk.

"Well, yes, if I must say so myself, I never saw you as the business type," Ryae responds.

"That's because you don't know me Ryae, neither do half of those friends we share," Jay responds.

Ryae stares at him in disbelief and narrows her eyes.

"On another note, are you going to invite us in? Or let the dinner get cold?" Jay smirks.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, please, come in," Ryae says, gesturing for them to follow her.

Ryan closes to door behind his guests and follows his daughter.

The group walk into the dining room and find the two women chatting away happily.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't show," Cally says with a smile.

Ryae returns a half-hearted smile and takes her seat.

Jay pulls the seat beside her and smiles at her, then sits.

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Jay asks after sitting.

"No use telling you if I mind or not, you're already sitting," Ryae responds with a slight shrug.

"If you don't want me here, I'll leave," Jay says smirking.

Ryae looks up at him and narrows her eyes.

"I wouldn't dare ask you to leave," She says after a while.

"Sounds like you really considered it for a moment there," Jay teases.

"I really did," Ryae says rolling her eyes and looking across the table at Gracie.

Realization suddenly dawns on her, " I never got to thank you for that blouse earlier."

Gracie looks over at Ryae with a soft smile, "No need to thank me dear, that blouse simply looked like something you would possibly like."

Ryae smiles at this.

"Ms. Pettons, you're smile is a radiant as always," Jay's father pipes up.

"Joseph, your compliments are always much appreciated," Cally says with a warm smile.

"Speaking of appreciation, this is a business meeting is it not?" Joseph says with a slight smile.

"Yes, it is, so let's discuss business, this project, i deem it unnecessary and impossible at this present moment and there is no indication that it will be successful," Cally says.

"Cally, I am quite certain that this project will be successful, i have already worked out the estimate cost and profit, and we will make 45% profit from this expansion when compared to the cost," Joseph replies.

"Joseph, the area we are planning to put this new boutique in is highly competitive so there is no absolute guarantee-" 

"Cally, there is no guarantee sure, but I know my designs, they will make waves in the industry and among the future clients," Gracie says with a pleading voice.

"May I see your designs?" Ryae asks, causing all eyes at the table to turned to Ryae.

"Sure sweetie," Gracie says fishing into her bag for her sketch book.