𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ³

𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ᵐᵃᵗᵗ ˢᵗᵘʳⁿⁱᵒˡᵒ© -nopeaceofmind 2023

© -nopeaceofmind 2023

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 just felt like you just aren't enough?

it doesn't matter how hard you try, no one validates it.

as the party ended, a new day had already started.

Matt started his car, as his brothers buckled their seatbelts and waved Chase and his friends goodbye.

the car disappeared in the darkness, driving now on its way to the highway.

Chris then connected his phone and started his playlist, why - Dominic Fike started playing.

"do you ever wonder why-y-y?" These lyrics got Matt thinking.

yes, he wondered why.

he always did.

only with this, he can't find a why.

as Jade used to say, theres no 'why', theres only 'because'.

but why did this happen?

or, if he reformulated his sentence, because of what did this happen?

what is the reason she broke up with him?

and why is she blaming him for everything that happened to her after the breakup?

"Matt, focus on the road dude!" Chris snapped his fingers at his brother, trying to free him from his thoughts.

"are you okay?" Nick then cared to ask.

"uh, yeah im fine."

well, he clearly wasn't, and the voice crack made that very clear aswell.

"did something happen at the party?"

"no, i just... i ran into Jade again." he blurted out, his brothers's faces immediately changing after hearing her name again, for the first time in a year.

the name that brought Matt nothing but problems, but somehow he still loved her.

"oh my god, not that bitch, what did she do?" Chris groaned.

"nothing."

"you know you can talk to us, right Matt?" Nick then put his hand on his brother's shoulder, but then removed his hand to not disturb Matt's driving.

"i know, thank you."

Nick hummed in response, checking the time on his phone.

4:20 am.

"how long until we're home?"

"30 minutes."

as Jade opened her apartment door, both Jade and Zara immediately took off their heals, groaning at the pain these pumps brought them.

"im never wearing these ever again, where is the trash bin?" Zara asks, and Jade points in the direction of the trash.

Zara then got up, opened the trash, dunked her heels in, and slammed the trash bin shut, cursing the shit out of the heels.

"girl relax, i have tea."

"OOOOOHH SPILL." Zara threw herself next to her best friend on the couch.

"i ran into Matt today." Zara immediately got less exited.

"what happened?"

"he came to say hi, and he said i looked great." Jade answered.

Zara then swallowed before asking the next question.

"and what did you do?"

"i told him to fuck off." Zara closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"why are you so mean? he was obliviously just complimenting you."

"well, he put me in therapy, he shouldn't just come up to me and act like nothing happened!"

"Jade you don't know what he-" Zara cut herself off, before quickly continuing, "Jade, do you even know what he was up to after your breakup?"

"i couldn't give a fuck less, fuck him, fuck his brothers, fuck his mom and fuck the world."

"that's the problem, you only care about yourself. i just wonder what would happen if i got into a really bad accident, or just injured really bad, would you even care to visit me in the hospital? fuck, would you even send me a text message to check if im alive?"

"Zara ofcourse i would, your my best friend."

"would you even do that if we had a big argument before i get into the fucking accident?"

silence filled the room, before Jade spoke up again.

"i think so."

"goodnight, im going to bed." Zara got up to get unready.

"at least go wash ur face, you have a photoshoot tomorrow."

"goodnight." Jade lifted her feet on the couch, too lazy to get up.

she just wanted to get her mind off of this and go to sleep.

though , Zara's words were stuck with Jade for the rest of the night.

'that's the problem, you only care about yourself...' is that true?

did she only care about herself?

people always told her to put herself first.

'prioritise yourself, no one's gonna do it other then you.'

what is the difference between being selfish and prioritising yourself?

is there a difference?

📰 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒!,
new chapterrrr, i will be updating this when i feel like it ✌️
(semi-proofread)