Field trip (part one)

Hey everyone! Sorry if anything doesn't make sense.. had to revise this a few times. Also feel free to vote or comment on any of my chapters. Thank you so much for 122 reads and I hope you enjoy! P.S. this is a bonus chapter and the plot with get better!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Dawn was now entering her last class when she heard the kids talking to one another. Of course they were just teens being teens, but they mentioned something about a field trip which brought Dawn's attention.  Before she could think it over, the teacher walked into the room and the bell rang.

Her teacher began to talk about a school camping trip where they would have a fun time learning about nature and the environment. They got to pick one partner to bunk with in a room and had random generated walking groups. They also got extra credit if they signed up for the somewhat free trip.  When he mentioned what it was about, some people had disgusted faces, most likely saying they weren't going, while others eyed their friends giving a glare that asked if they could go with them on the trip. One of the kids giving that glare was Zoey and of course she was looking at Dawn. Dawn didn't really want to go on the trip for a lot of reasons, but she did need the extra credit and new forest friends to talk to. She also hasn't seen Scott all day so hopefully he wouldn't come here tomorrow so he could miss the trip and Dawn can get a little break from him. The loner had decided that she would go on the camping trip with Zoey, so she gave her a nod of confirmation and they both headed up to pay for the trip. After they both paid they continued to go through the rest of the day until it reached the end of the day. Scott was still not in sight. This was looking good for Dawn.

It was the next morning and Dawn was ready to go on the camping trip. She rushed to school to hopefully be early, but ended up getting there at her usual time. Dawn and Zoey both arrived at class and followed the teacher as well as the rest of the students to board the bus. Everyone started to board the bus and Dawn followed the line until she was about to get on. Dawn looked around one last time satisfied with the fact Scott wasn't there and walked on the bus. She was still denying that deep down she was upset he wasn't going on the trip. Dawn thought about it for a few seconds. Wait...What?? Dawn questioned herself. She decided to ignore her feelings knowing that she was slightly not thinking straight and walked down the aisle sitting next to Zoey. Zoey was already sleeping, even though the bus wasn't moving yet. Dawn couldn't blame her. It was early in the morning.

The bus had everyone on and the driver goes to close the bus door, when an out of breath boy runs up out of nowhere and catches the door before it could close.  On a closer inspection, Dawn realizes the ginger headed boy she had mixed feelings about was now on the bus. Her unborn wish was now in her reality.

"Excuse me, sir. I have my fee...could I please go on the trip?" Scott said, breathing heavily. He was practically begging for the man to say he could go and was the only popular boy going on the trip.

"I usually wouldn't take late payments, but because you're giving me a big tip with your fee and had to quickly run over here... you may enter." The driver said annoyed looking disappointed in himself.

"Thank you so much, sir." Scott said entering the bus walking to the back.

Dawn looked at Scott as he made his way to the back. Scott looked back at her grinning as he quickly tried to pass by. For the rest of the ride Dawn spent her time thinking about Scott and Scott spent the rest of the ride thinking about Dawn.

When they got to the destination, everyone got off the bus and went to their rooms. Zoey and Dawn both walked in and saw the camp room they were staying in. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't nice looking. Dawn thought now would be a good time to tell Zoey about what happened on the bus. Zoey was sleeping so she missed what happened.

"Hey Zoey, um can I tell yo—"
Dawn got cut off by the loudspeaker the teacher was using so everyone could hear them.
The class came outside and the teacher pulled out his list of walking groups. 

"Gwen, Mike, Cameroon, Zoey, and Lindsay...Group A"

Dawn stared blankly into space. That meant Zoey and her weren't in the same group. Zoey was already talking to her new found team and too busy to see Dawn's reaction.

"Heather, Brigette, DJ, Owen, and Tyler, Group B.

Leshawna, Harold, Sierra, Noah, and Cody, Group C

After Group C was listed, Dawn was in disbelief that she and Scott yet again were stuck together. She didn't exactly wish for any certain people on her team, she just didn't want HIM on her team.

Last but not least, we have: Scott, Dawn, Courtney, Izzy, and Eva. For Group D."

Dawn's heart dropped when she heard her name after Scott's even though she knew it was coming.

She saw from the corner of her eye Scott was staring at her, but when she went to look at him he was whistling like he was never looking.  Dawn didn't know what was going on, but Scott definitely did.

Scott was feeling weird lately and not talking to Dawn, because he didn't know what to say. Although nothing happened between them, he agreed to the boy's plan that he still didn't really want to do and it was messing with his brain. He would talk to Dawn later but he needed to get his act together. For now he would just toy with Dawn until she said something to him and then he could tease her afterward. Easy as pie. Or easier.

~Doggonara ^-^

1046 words about ^-^