𝐯𝐢. i heart gabe ugliano

━━━━━━━ THEY CAMPED OUT IN THE WOODS, a hundred yards from the main road, in a marshy clearing that local kids had obviously been using for parties

Cassie wondered how life would be as a normal teenager, without the monsters and impending death.

They'd taken some food and blankets from Aunty Em's, but they didn't dare light a fire to dry their damp clothes.

The Furies and Medusa had provided enough excitement for one day. They didn't want to attract anything else (except money, Cassie always liked to attract money).

They decided to sleep in shifts. Percy volunteered to take first watch.

Annabeth curled up on the blankets and was snoring as soon as her head hit the ground. Grover fluttered with his flying shoes to the lowest bough of a tree, put his back to the trunk, and stared at the night sky.

Cassie couldn't sleep as usual, her mind racing over every little thing. She thought of her life in Los Angeles, her mother, the kids at school with two parents and a dog.

"I know you aren't sleeping." It was Percy.

She smiled looking at the stars "guilty."

She heard a twig snapping, Percy now laid beside her.

"What's so interesting about the sky anyway?"

She closed her eyes briefly. "The pollution doesn't allow many stars to be seen, but they are always there." She pointed at a dot in the sky "that's one of the stars of Cassiopeia."

He looked at the star "you have a constellation?"

Her smile was serene. "I like to think so, besides you do too."

He looked at her side profile "That's cool, 'Percy the constellation'." He said in a deep voice. "But they're just big balls of gas."

"They tell stories, like Cassiopeia's."

"Nice story." The irony was evident in his voice.

"Yeah... I like to think that one day I'll be up there, important enough to have a story of my own, to be remembered for something good."

"It's a nice dream."

"Yeah. A dream."

They stood in a comfortable silence until Percy broke it.

"I crashed my step fathers car." He sounded proud.

She laughed, "good job."

He smiled. "Yeah, Gabe isn't my favourite person."

"It's me obviously." The brunette joked.

The boy smiled "obviously" His smile vanished "Gabe was always..."

"Yeah." She knew about Gabe's and Percy's relationship. "Good night Percy."

"Good night Cass."