CHAPTER 3

Ellie had not heard from Dave and she felt that it was high time she confronted him and discussed matters.

"Why have you made me worry Dave?"

Ellie looked up closely at Dave but he did not give her a response.

"Do you even love me?" she burst out in tears

"Have you ever once considered that you had those kinds of feelings for me?" Her voice started getting louder and Dave did not say a single word to her neither did he look at her.

"I guess I was mistaken then, I'm just a sort of charity to you, fine then, I'm sorry"

" I will be less a burden to you and disappear from your sight"

At that moment Dave looked up at her "Love, you say Ellie? I should be the one who thinks you do not love me"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Callum's child?"

"What do you mean Dave?"

"Ellie, were you planning on keeping this forever without my knowledge? I overheard you and Temi?"

"I'm sorry, I really did want to tell you about it but I couldn't bring myself to. You know, I could leave Maria for you, I really do love you"

"You don't have to Ellie, I want her to be a part of our lives"

"Then why were you angry?"

"You've not forgotten him Ellie."

"I don't understand what you are saying"

"You haven't forgotten about Callum"

"Is this about Maria?"

"She has nothing to do with this, this is about you still being in love with Callum and you pretend you love me"

"I do love you Dave and I'm not in love with Callum anymore"

"Then why are you in search of his relatives?"

"It's the least I could do for him and I owe him that much since I was his first love and he was never able to find them"

Dave took a seat and sat down "Well, you are my first love so can you do me the favour and stop considering Callums issue"

Ellie then decided that she would not keep searching for Callum's parents.

Temi concluded her friend was brainwashed.

Temi and Maria continued to search but Maria did not know why her mother had made the decision not to look for her grandparents.

While Ellie was doing her grocery shopping one evening, she bumped into Karolina.

"Oh hey! You're Karolina right? Dave's best friend from Vicky and Edmund's wedding?"

"I'm not his best friend okay, I'm his fiancee, I think you got mistaken or you forgot"

"I know you claim to be his girlfriend, Dave told me everything"

"Dave is just using you Ellie, don't be fooled. Someone like you cannot handle him. If you do not want to be hurt, just leave him now because you do not know Dave at all"

While Karolina walked away Ellie decided not to mind anything that Karolina had said and decided to trust Dave.

Later in the afternoon Dave had thought of something and he figured out the truth in something he had never expected.