Chapter 3: Meeting the Spartan

(Jaune and Ruby go to the auditorium as a blonde haired girl waves at her.)

Yang: Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!

(Ruby leaves.)

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!

(Jaune then goes to sit down someone approaches him.)

Pyrrha: Hello

Pyrrha: Hello.

Jaune: Hello. What do you need?

Pyrrha: Is this seat taken?

Jaune: Nope, you can sit in there.

Pyrrha: Thanks.

(Pyrrha goes to sit beside Jaune as he overhears Weiss arguing with Ruby, who keeps apologizing, but she declines her apologies.)

Jaune: Why are some people so mean? Sure, that girl in red exploded and such, but... it was an accident... right?

Pyrrha: You said something?

Jaune: Uh... nothing, nothing.

(Then their attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.)

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. (as the students whisper among themselves) You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: (as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk) You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins

Glynda: (as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk) You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Jaune: Okay... that was kind of... off in my opinion.

Pyrrha: I know.

(Timeskip)

(Jaune is seen in his dorm as he puts a magenta camera close to his bed.)

Jaune: I'll reach my dream of being a huntsman, and I'll do it in my way.

(Jaune the prepares to sleep, but suddenly he hears an argument again.)

Jaune: Oh dude...

(Then he opens the door and see Weiss and Yang pointing at each other.)

Weiss/Yang: You again?

Jaune: Hey, can you girls please lower your voices? I'm trying to sleep.

Weiss: Everyone is. (points at Ruby) And blame this dolt. She's nothing but a hazard to my health.

Ruby: Hey!

Jaune: (sighs) This will be a long night.

Blake: And I just wanted to read my book peacefully...

(They look at each other and sigh as the chapter ends.)