Beneath the surface

"Come on no you didn't eat laser you intergalactic freak" Ethan said to himself as he was playing a game and he shot a ship causing all of them to look at him and shake their head in annoyance.

"Dude do you mind" Conner asked him.

"I made it to level twelve" Ethan exclaimed as Conner reached over and turned it off. "Hey what are you doing" Ethan asked him as he turned to glare at Conner. 

"I can't concentrate with you blowing thing up in my ear" Conner said. 

"It took me three hours to get to that level" Ethan said as he looked down at his hands.

"Sorry but I'm with Conner on this one we got a paper due tomorrow and why aren't you working on yours" Kira said.

"I finished mine last week Trent and I jammed on it while you guys were out being David Beckham and" Ethan started to say but Kira cut him off.

"Oh don't even say it" Kira said as she gave him a glare.

"Wasnt going to" Ethan said turning around for a second then looking at Zack and asked him, "Why aren't you working on your paper?"

"We got them done yesterday Dakota wanted us to something to get her mind off Dustin leaving to go back home yesterday" Zack said.

"Where Trent anyway" Kira asked them.

"Hayley gave him the day off and she also has Dakota here to help her if she needs it" Zack said.

"I think he's spending some quality time with his dad" Conner said.

///////////Trents house//////////// 

"Okay I know I'm not losing my mind it was right around here" Trent said to himself as he closed his eyes and thought about where he saw the green portal.

"Can I help you with something" Anton asked his son causing him to snap out of his trance. 

"There's some weird stuff going on here dad I swear I went through some interdimensional doorway" Trent said.

"Hmm you know I gotta say I'm worried about you son you're working till all hours at this coffee house obviously your not thinking straight. I'm gonna make an appointment with my doctor" Anton said as he walked past Trent to go to his desk.

"I don't need a doctor I need an explanation I think you owe that to me" Trent said.

"Perhaps you can explain something to me when did it become acceptable to speak that way to your father" Anton said as he turned around quickly towards his son.

"All these other projects your involved in there's some weird stuff going on here dad" Trent said.

""Whatever goes on around here I can assure you is fro the betterment of mankind and I promise you will feel the same way in time" Anton said with a small smirk.

"In time" Trent exclaimed as he turned toward his dad. "When" He asked him.

"When your ready" Anton said as Trent turned to look back where he saw the portal while shaking his head. 

"All I have will belong to you it's a great responsiblty son" Anton said as Trent shook his head. "One that we must prepare you for we'll begin that process soon. Now why don't you go out for a swim" Anton told his son as he put his arm on his shoulder. "You have the nicest pool in town and you never use it" He said as he walked away. 

/////////////////////////////

"Elsa I have an idea for a horrible new creature Lord Messagog will be pleased" Zeltrax said.