Chapter 2 (Love at first sight)

When Nobara woke up she glanced over the clock, it was 7:37 pm. She stretched a bit in her bed, feeling slightly cramped up after such a good sleep in the soft mattress. She got up and walked to the kitchen, a smell of spices guiding her. She peaked into the kitchen and saw Maki in an apron, cooking some japanese curry, the smell filling the kitchen as the girl swiftly moved in it. Nobara gazed at her curiously, following her movements wondering how they could be so elegant even in a place like a kitchen as her eyes shone under the warm lights. She felt a warm feeling in her chest, even if unexplained...maybe that girl, Maki, under her tough mask was actually caring, even sweet. As she was lost in thoughts she got snapped back to reality by that same girl, looking at her confused.

Maki: Finally woke up? It has been hours. You're awful as a body guard.

Maki sighed as she set the table and put the curry in the plates, glancing over at Nobara. At first she thought maybe she wouldn't be so bad as a bodyguard but god how much was he regretting even considering her half capable...even if she had to admit her smile really eligthened the room.

Nobara sat at the table, looking as Maki sat in front of her and began eating, Her every movement was so elegant, some of the hot steam from the curry fogging up her glasses as she cleaned them. Then she saw her looking directly at her. Nobara felt confusing feelings, was it fear? or perhaps...

Maki: You really are weird you know? If you don't want to eat then don't. Just...don't make that face, you look even more stupid.

Nobara: ...Hey! I work hard to protect you you know! You could pretend at least to be grateful!

Nobara was...hot headed, to say the least. But then she took a deep breath, remebering after all she was for a mission... 

Maki sighed on the other side as she just ate, and the dinner kept going like that, in that akward silence. . . Very akward.

When those painful minutes were over, the two just went to take care of their own business. Nobara just went back in her room to check the latest posts on Instagram while Maki was in her office working on some documents...even if she felt like something was off about Nobara...the way she appeared out of nowhere, her personality not-fit for a bodyguard...she decided she would let it slide for now and research when she had more time, still keeping her guard up tho.

Days, weeks and eventually months passed, and the two eventually managed to get along, even become...friends..?

Maki: Didn't you say you were a trained bodyguard?! Do something about them!

Nobara: ME? You do something miss rich woman!

The thiefes that broke in the apartment looked more than confused as they watched the two argue. Before they could even begin to understand what was happening, the two girls knocked them all out, and the thiefes never came back again.

Nobara looked as Maki wiped some of the sweat and blood off her face, looking elegant even now. She felt a warm yet unpleasant feeling in her chest...She just accepted she was in love with this woman. Maki looked at her and frowned

Maki: What kind of bodyguard are you!- You know what? Nevermind.

She just sighed as she went to clean herself, while Nobara looked at her leave, her cheeks flushing of a soft tint of red. Not only this "Maki girl" was good at everything...she was even strong! How cool is that?! Nobara's simple mind thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, thank you for reading this chapter. For starters i would like to thank you for reading the second chapter and apologise for how late it got pubblished. If you find any mistake please do point them out, and even feel free to write me requests.

I don't have many thought on this chapter honestly, so I'll leave thing like this

-Tenko