Where My Heart Truly Lies

[Wonyoung's P.O.V]

I'm Jang Wonyoung, just a normal girl who comes from an average family.

That was before my family started to face financial problems, so we couldn't even pay the rent for the apartment in which we live.

Also my dad's illness started increasing suddenly due to stress, as he was suffering from chronic heart disease.

Dad was feeling that he's gonna die soon, so he decided to make me marry his best friend's son, whose name was Lee Chaemin, because he thought that Chaemin is the right person for me, and he's the only one who can make me happy, take care of me and protect me after he's gone.

And it seems that dad was right, he actually passed away, leaving me and mom alone in this cruel world.

And now I'm supposed to make my dad's last wish come true, so I got married to Chaemin.

We didn't have a wedding party out of respect to dad's death. I just wore a simple yellow dress while Chaemin wore the ordinary groom's suit.

Chaemin wasn't a complete stranger to me, I already knew him before.

I also knew how much he loves me, or as mom says, he even loves the ground I walk on.

That's why dad saw that he's the perfect man for me, but the problem was actually in me.

I never loved Chaemin. I don't hate him, but at the same time my heart just can't love him in a romantic way as a wife should feel towards her husband.

I definitely respect and appreciate him, but I just can't love him as he loves me. I can't help it.

We live together in our house as a normal married couple in peace.

Chaemin works as a cook at the most popular and successful restaurant in Seoul, a world-famous restaurant that attracts thousands of tourists to the city every year.

He is so talented. Some of the top chefs and critics predicted that he will have a bright future, that's why he gets an excellent salary which is very enough for the two of us since we don't have kids yet.

That's why Chaemin asked me to stay at home and don't have to work. He wants to pamper me, and he doesn't want me to get tired and miserable like these stupid feminists from his point of view.

He thinks of me as the gift which God gave to him, so he's making me happy and trying to fulfill my desires.

We've been married for almost a year now. We haven't had kids yet because of my birth control pills.

I told Chaemin before that I'm still not ready yet to become a mother, and he could only understand me and tell me that he supports my decision no matter what.

He is really perfect, I admit.

Everything was fine, and life was going on normally well, until the day that turned my life around and messed up my feelings came.

The day in which I met that young man, Park Sunghoon.

Park Sunghoon, the young CEO of one of the most important transportation companies in Seoul, who took over that position after his father's retirement.