Chapter 2: Washington B.C.

As sirens blared out, they all raced towards the burning building. A mother and her son were trapped inside the building with no way out. The thick black smoke was soon engulfing their lungs making it harder for them to breathe. The mother hugged her son tightly.

"Don't worry, Billy." She assured her son, "We'll get out of here soon."

The boy named Billy nodded firmly when the heat started cooling down. The small boy turned around to see a ghostly figure emerge from the ground. The boy went wide eyed as his gazed into his three emerald moth like eyes. His grip on his mom tightened when the boy saw him. After he turned visible, he got a good look at him.

From underneath the cloak, was three moth eyes; two side by side and one resting in the middle slightly above his nose. His skin looked to be a violet color with what appeared to be fangs for teeth. He wore a cloak that appeared to be made from some raggedy blanket, it was dark shade of blue with light patches on them. He had claws on for hands and three toes two in the front one in the back.

"I'm here to help." His raspy voice echoed out. His mother tightened her grip on the boy.

"Stay away!" She yelled. The moth creature narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

He gazed at the fire around them before a blast of ice shot from his mouth around them. The boy gazed in amazement as the fire was frozen solid.
The moth creature soon realized the building was coming down, "Listen this building is about to come down and I'm the only one who can get you to safety, I can't do that unless you trust me."

Billy let go of his mother as she grew concerned when her son walked over to the moth creature, "Can you get us out of here?"

The moth creature nodded firmly before the boy gripped his clawed hand, "Billy, get away from it."

"No mom, if he can get us out of here. Then we should trust him." He replied they then felt the ground tremble and knew the building was coming down.

"We don't have much time, let's go." He replied as he raised his clawed hand towards the skeptical women. She knew he was right, she hesitated before reaching for his violet hand. She gripped his hand, 'Hope this works.' He thought as he became transparent aka intangible shifting the ability over to the mother and her child.

The three figures soon phased through the burning ground. The boy marveled as he phased through the second floor and finally the bottom floor where he levitated them out the front door. The three transparent figures emerged from building, the police officers and firefighters gazed in shock as the moth creature turned tangible again making the mother and son visible again.

The mom soon picked up her son and hugged him tightly, she gazed over the to moth creature before crying happily, "Thank you. Thank you so much!" The civilians gaped in amazement as they then took out there phones before taking videoes and pictures of him.

No one could tell, but he was smiling, "It was nothing." He gazed over to the boy named Billy holding a golden Sumo Slammers card, "Sweet card, kid."

"Thanks Mr. Moth Man." Billy exclaimed as his mother took him over to the ambulance. The moth creature turned intangible again as it phased through the street and out of sight.

Big Chill which Ben had named ended up in an alley to see the Rust Bucket. Gwen opened the door, "Ben, hurry! The fire was just a diversion. There was a robbery at a nearby jewelry store and the robbers are getting away."