Untitled Part 1

Theme: Birds

A twinge of pink, a tint of yellow, a shade of orange, a cloud of white, a sheet of blue or a lid of grey – elements that sew a colourful horizon. But then, what adds life to these colours, to the horizon? It's them, the cheerful little creatures who truly are spreading colours all over the world - birds defined as warm-blooded, egg-laying vertebrate animals distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, a beak, and typically being able to fly. Believed to have existed since the Jurassic era with the earliest amongst them derived from a clade of Theropoda dinosaurs who possessed feathers, these aves have gone through evolutionary changes which have molded them into the creatures they are today - big and small, strong and fragile, savage and humane, cranky and affectionate, wild and domesticated, who despise and who love. These aves have shouldered the responsibility of making the world a lively and colourful place by spreading shades of red, black, orange, blue and what not through their lovely wings which flutter with sheer emotion and whose fluttering melts a solid heart, makes a troubled soul heave a serene sigh, lights a dim eye with delight, transforms a grim face into a lovely smile, breaks the silence into gentle hums, pours love into a morning and cheers a dull evening.

 The fluttering wings make an excellent couple with the chirping of these birds to soothe the atmosphere. Who wouldn't want to wake up to the sound of these? And then in the evening when they scatter off to their dwellings amidst the trees, their chirping is heard echoing from all directions, the reverberations filling hearts with joy. 

Aves symbolize freedom – when they flap their wings and soar through the sky, burrowing in the fluffy clouds and taking off to explore the horizon or when they build their own abodes by painstakingly collecting tiny twigs of branches, travelling long distances, gathering raw materials to build their residences and with utmost patience the labour is done and the house is built. They convey their freedom, their independence to man and other creation, showing their ability to do what they desire, thus rejoicing it, re-affirming that they have been granted freedom in the form of wings which enable them to go wherever they want to, whenever they want to.

 Different birds convey their own distinct messages; a mocking jay tells people to rise and to rebel against the unjust. Eagles and hawks teach taking control of the situation. Blue bird preaches peace and tranquility, Robin sings the song of the freedom while the peacock dances to the beat. The humming bird hums while the mystical owl hoots celebrating freedom and the noble sparrow teaches nobility and humility.

These birds are essential components of the ecosystem as they play a significant role in seed dispersal and cross pollination. Also, these birds do humanity a huge favour by ridding the earth of large amounts of awful insects. 

 Aves can be tamed and domesticated and many of them form a special bond with their owners; one of friendship, love and trust. As for others they simply aren't meant to be caged as Stephen king beautifully wrote:

"Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure."

 These freedom fighters put up a fight for their freedom. These cannot tolerate captivity. The cages suck the light, the joy right out of these birds slowly and painfully.

These love-spreading, colourful and simply adorable creatures face the grave danger of being wiped out from the surface of the Earth because of the ever so "sadistic" man who hunts them for his own spite and in turn orphans a baby, widows a wife, make a husband a widower and thus ruins a family. This has to stop! Today species of Eagles, Woodpeckers, Pelicans, Clapper Rails, Eskimo Curlew and many more are on the brink of extinction because of the selfish and vengeful man who not only hunts them but also chops off their nests, their trees. If we don't act now then our next generations would be denied of the pleasures and the privileges to enjoy the joys and smiles these birds bring into our world.

Thank you so much for reading it please comment and tell me about it!!!