Daytime

"Hey, wake up." L poked me awake. I murmured and rolled over and sat up. Light was streaming through the rain-streaked windows. I rubbed my eyes and unwrapped the blanket from around my body. I stretched my arms out, and I accidentally whacked L in the face.

"Oh, jeez, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed quickly. He just gave me a look. The shadows under his eyes seemed to be darker. I sighed and crawled into the driver's seat. He just sat in the back, huddled up in the fleece blanket I gave him.

"You have to sit up here, or I'll get pulled over." I said nonchalantly. He didn't say a word as he crawled into the passenger seat. He sat with his knees tucked under his chin and he simply stared straight ahead with a bored expression on his face. I scowled and turned on the car. I buckled in and when L didn't reach for his buckle, I huffed and reached over him to pull down his buckle. All the while, the chain that bound us together clinked and brought him to attention; by leaning over him, my breasts were pressed against his knees and dangerously close to his face. I gulped and quickly grabbed the buckle and buckled him in tightly. My face was bright red with mortification. I sat back in the driver's seat and turned on the engine. L was silent as I pulled drove away from the place he'd been put to rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?" L asked me quietly as he watched the people walking down the sidewalk. They couldn't see in the car, with the tinted window. The chain was stretched across the seats, glinting silver. (a/n- the chains are magic, unlike the ones the L and Light were chained with, so these ones can stretch so they can be long distances apart. And only the ones with the chain on can see them. They are invisible and can stretch through walls as well. just to explain for later.)

"I'm taking you to my home, where I have set up my base." I explained to him, not taking my eyes off the road. The numbers and names above everyone's heads were no longer distracting as they did before. A few stood out, but I paid no attention to them. L remained silent the rest of the ride. He gazed longingly at a passing bakery, and I smirked knowingly. I drove into the outskirts of the city, the trees looming over the now-dirt road. I pulled into the driveway of my house. I turned off the car.

"Here we are." I announced. L stood in the dirt, the blanket still wrapped around his slender body. He nodded and we walked up the stairway. I pulled out my keys as L stood on my small porch, and I could feel the blanket brushing against my shoulder as he stood nearby. He seemed to be eager to get inside. I unlocked the door, and he rushed in.

"Welcome to my home." I mumbled. My house was modern, but familiar to me. I set my keys and my bag down on the table next to the door and turned into the living room. L sat perched on the couch, his eyes wide and taking everything in. His eyes caught on the state-of-the-art laptop sitting on the coffee table. It was a Intel touch-screen laptop, with all the bells and whistles. I sighed and gestured to it with my hand.

"Have at it." I said blankly. He smiled a little and opened it up, the light from the screen illuminating his pale face. I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out a cake I had specially baked just for the occasion. It was triple-chocolate with strawberries and whipped cream on top, with gooey chocolate pieces cooked into the cake. I cut a large piece and set it on a plate with a fork and walked out to the living room and set it next to L, who was observing a news broadcast online. Hey, he had a lot to get updated on. His eyes widened greedily when he saw the cake and grabbed it up. He took the fork and handed it to me. He picked up the piece of cake in his hands and took a huge bite. Crumbs dotted the blanket and my couch, the latter which I scowled at. He proceeded to pick at every remaining crumb on the blanket and the couch, and I watched, awestruck as he licked the plate clean of frosting also. He handed it to me and looked back at the screen. I turned to bring the dishes to the kitchen when I was grabbed from behind and squeezed.

"Thank you, that cake was delicious." L whispered into my ear. His warm breath tickled my earlobe, and I smiled.

"You're welcome." I said, smiling. I pulled away and hurried into the kitchen, where I leaned against the wall and let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding in. I hurriedly put the dishes in the sink and rushed into the living room again, past L, to the spiral staircase, who ignored the loud clinking of the chain. I looked back to L, who was looking at me curiously.

"I have some clothes and a spare room for you. I'll get you some clothes." I said quickly, then rushed up the stairs. I hurried down the hall to the empty room, to the closet, and looked inside. I pulled out a wife-beater, a pair of loose blue jeans, a pair of boxers, and a plain black zip-up hoodie. I turned back to the door to find L standing in it. He was looking around the room, and then his dark eyes settled on me. He reached for the clothes, letting go of the blanket, which dropped to his ankles. My eyes widened and I felt a drip in my nose, then I fell backwards as my mind processed what I saw; L, naked, standing in a doorway, reaching for me. I knew he was probably reaching for the clothes, but my mind took it wrong. My back hit the floor with a loud thud. I felt my nose streaming blood down my chin. (Nosebleed- hehehehehe) L crouched next to me, thankfully covering his....*cough cough*.

"You OK?" he asked me blankly. I groaned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I fall over backwards with a nosebleed while a naked guy crouches over me all the time." I joked hoarsely. He chuckled lightly, and frowned.

"I'll put the clothes on." He said. I sighed with relief.

"If....." he continued. I groaned.

"You let me have another piece of that delicious cake." he added. I smiled inwardly.

"If I say yes, then will you put your clothes on?" I asked. He nodded. I sighed exasperatedly.

"Fine...." I agreed. He smiled happily and took the clothes from me and scurried out of the room, not without giving me a glimpse of his pale behind. That alone just about gave me a nosebleed. Again.