7 - A Cult and Another Daughter

(Y) was awake earlier the most. It was about 3 am. Serenity and Jackie were cuddled into him and sleeping peacefully. With a sigh (Y) moves out of bed with his normal trick of replacing his body with a body pillow.

(Y) walked downstairs and made himself a Coffee.

(Y) sat on the couch a bit annoyed by the far away hussle and bustle of the city that was faintly heard from the mansion.

The front door opens as Lord El-Melloi came in tired and a bit annoyed.

He sees (Y) and walks up to him with a sigh.

(Y): "By your expression you have another job for me?"

El-Melloi: "Sadly."

(Y) sighs.

(Y): "Do you want some tea? Or will coffee be better?"

El-Melloi: "Coffee."

A vine popped out of (Y)'s shoulder and headed into the kitchen to make the man's coffee.

(Y): "So what is it this time around?"

El-Melloi: " As you know the Holy Grail war doesn't allow killing. However that doesn't mean that you cannot get serious injuried. As long as the master is alive at the end of the war then anything goes. Because of this each main professor is tasked with getting there own body guard for there own protection. Turns out, the association decided to delay informing me. And now I'm on a time crunch to find a body guard. Since the war doesn't officially start and the grail doesn't activate until all servents have been summoned I think it's better to get a body guard soon."

(Y) nods as a coffee cup is placed next to El-Melloi as the man sighs and drinks from it.

(Y): "And I'm guessing you need me as an escort?"

El-Melloi: "Yes... and also a temporary body guard. Your mage craft allows you to be anywhere if needed. That and your ability to read people will help in searching. I hate to ask you this and so soon after your first mission, but your the only person I could come to."

(Y): "Don't worry about it. Let me get dressed. Should I bring along Serenity or?"

El-Melloi: "I don't think bringing her will be a good idea. Especially to our first place of vist."

(Y): "Very well then I'll leav a note."

El-Melloi nods as (Y) gets changed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

El-Melloi and (Y) were currently in a dark forest somewhere in Whale's. Apparently there is a cult of some sort that has power to ward of spirit's.

(Y): "This place... it smells of death. I believe information is a good start."

El-Melloi nods as he watches (Y) crouch down near a mushroom.

El-Melloi: "What are you doing"

(Y): "Did you know that Mycelium connects a whole forest together? It is the biggest working brain out there. It's this network that allows trees to change colours around the same time. Right now. I am connecting to said network... I want to expand my magecraft from plants to all living things. And this is the first step."

(This is a real thing and (Y)'s looks are a tease for a Honkai Star Rail story I'm planning on making called "The Mycelium Hacker")

A vine from (Y)'s finger poked the mushrooms causing spores to be released. (Y) retracts the vine as the left part of his arm becomes a tree bark like substance with mushrooms growing out of it.