Insomnia

Kuki stares into the ceiling, not being able to fall asleep despite her comfort in bed, Lumine cuddling her, even just everything that should have been set for a good night's sleep. Tonight was different.

Shinobu looks down at the sleeping Lumine, lowering her head to plant a kiss on her forehead, then slowly making an attempt to crawl out of bed to not interrupt her lover's sleep.

Lumine did not wake. Kuki then equips a kimono but didn't fully tighten it, hoping it would act as a source of heat. Shinobu walks out and downstairs to the kitchen.

"What is wrong with me tonight?" Kuki mumbles on about her issues to sleep to herself whilst grabbing a snack for herself. She takes one bite out of a pack before a name called her from the door."

"Kuki Shinobu?" Lumine was stood at the door frame, still in a vest and shorts. "Why are you still awake?"

Shinobu didn't bother to fight with her girlfriend and walks over to give her a hug. "I can't sleep, Lumi."

"Why can't you sleep? Do you wanna go talk about what's wrong?"

The two go back upstairs, sharing the snack Shinobu had taken and sat back on the bed together. Lumine puts a hand on Shinobu's lap.

"I guess you could say that I had been pretty stressed about a few things, if that's an acceptable reason."

"Stressed? About your Arataki gang?"

"No no, it's not just them. It's just... I don't know, a lot is building stress." Kuki leans down rubbing her eyes. "Can you comfort me more, Lumine?"

Without a doubt of mind, Lumine pulls her and Shinobu's kimonos off, and pulls her into a hug, kissing her head.

"So what else had you been feeling, Shinobu?"

"I'm not able to really say. All I can say is I need yet another break to rest without anybody constantly needing my damned help." Kuki looks up to Lumine.

"You know what? I've felt like I done too much work aswell to get to where I am now. From Mondstadt and now here, which was awarding by itself. Even more rewarding since that one night we uh... yeah."

"Oh Lumine-" Kuki taps the traveller's cheek. "This is to treat my sleeping problems, not reminisce over something dirty."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry for that."

The traveller comfort Shinobu, rubbing fingers into her green hair and lending soft whispers to each other.

They both put their blanket over them and it only took a few minutes until Shinobu had finally fallen asleep. Lumine gives her another goodnight kiss and falls asleep with her.

xxx

The two were still sleeping in bed, with Shinobu on top of Lumine whilst they held each other. Slowly, Lumine opens her eyes and sees Shinobu still sleeping, and taps her head. "Shinobu? Love?"

She groans and looks up at Lumine with an irritated but tired face. "Just want some sleeeeep..."

"Right, right. Sleep ins then, but we're still going to get ready for the day." Lumine cuddles Shinobu more, pulling the two closer together and holding on further.

"What do you suppose we start with, Lumi?" Shinobu yawns in the traveler's neck.

"I'd say we can both shower and help ourselves to breakfast, wake us both up a bit."