The player and me

-11 years ago-

"No I hate Mason he is a doodie head" "Charlie please don't be difficult" says my mother sighing "CJ not Charlie" I say stomping my foot hard on the ground "CJ don't give your mother hassle, come on help daddy with the decorations" says dad coming in and picking me up. My mother was throwing a party for my older brother and her best friend was coming with her kids, which included Mason. "MOMMY!" I shout running back to her and hugging her legs "Mason said he was a zombie he said he was gonna eat me!!" I say hiding behind her legs as carson comes and stops in front of her "nuh-uh!" he says blinking his bright blue eyes and mom just sighs "CJ Mason's not gonna eat you" she says after she leaves Mason smiles and I stick my tongue out at him he just laughs "you shouldn't be mean to be charlie" he says "CJ! not Charlie" I say and he laughs and I turn to walk away in a huff but when I do I get drenched, Shocked I turn around to see Mason holding an empty cup above my head "I told you now to be mean"

Somehow after that we became best friends and have been ever since, it's been 11 years since that day and he still calls me Charlie. My full name is Charlie Jane Green, but I prefer being called CJ, I'm your typical 17 year old hanging with my best friends Tessa and Jamie, playing video games with my guy friends, Luke,Robert and Freddie, being teased by my older brother Toby, my twin Mikey and younger brother Cyr and playing with my baby sister Meghan. Yep my life is pretty normal. Oh then there's my other best friend Mason James , he's the player/ bad boy most girls want him, most guys want to be him, blah blah blah. I sit there battling against Mikey in a game of Mortal kombat X I'm pretty into video games and stuff like that. Although my mom only lets me play MKX when Meghan's not home seeing as it's pretty graphic "You're going down!" I say pushing my brother slightly with my elbow as I use a combo on his character "NEVER!" he shouts and then I hear someone come through the front door and I keep playing, assuming it's Toby. "Finish him" I hear the TV say and I smirk as I go to press the buttons for my finishing move combo "whatcha playin'" says an innocent voice. Shit Meghan but it's too late I've already pressed the buttons and my character rips mikey characters ribs out and stabs his character in the face with his own ribs, I did say it was graphic. Meghan screams and runs away "CHARLIE JANE" I cringe as I hear my mom shout my name "Get here now" she says and I reluctantly get up and punch my twin as he smirks at me. "Please tell me why your sister is now afraid to go in the living room" she says arms folded I sigh "I was kinda sorta playing Mortal Kombat with Mikey and Meghan kinda sorta saw some pretty graphic stuff, But I didn't know she was there until it was too late" I say and she sighs "I'm letting you off with a warning, but please CJ you're a girl start acting like one" I roll my eyes my mom always hated my tomboy lifestyle but that's what she gets when she raises a girl with nothing but brothers for fifteen years then has a girl. "I can't help it" I say and she sighs "I know" she says and then there's a knock at the door. Toby goes to answer it and then rolls his eyes when he sees Mason standing the other side "CJ" says toby and he walks away when I reach the door "hey" I say and I walk out and close the door behind me "we're going to nandos right?" I say and he smirks and nods I know him to well.