Chapter 1

"We need to run at the count of three." His voice thick with fear as he pointed towards a wooden door 5 feet away from the two. Light seeping through the crack.

Two tall figures can be seen in the dark room. Rummaging through closets and looking under each of the twenty bunk beds while yelling and cussing at each other as they made their way deeper into the room.

A window near the door was covered by long black curtains that covered two small figures. Blue and purple eyes could be seen through the small slit between the two curtains as they patiently wait for an opening.

Not an ounce of fear visible.

"Damnit I told you to lock the door when you leave!!"

"Don't you dare blame me for your mistakes, now I might just be joining the rest of the bodies lined up infront of the court yard all because of some drunk who can't hold his liquor!" a female voice countered as the two continued to look through the room.

"Shut up and listen, the lights only went out for a few minutes. They couldn't have gone far. Search the room properly, they might still be in here." the man said as he made his way towards another bed.

The two small figures connecting their hands together as they met each other's eyes. Hands still intertwined with a single silver key in each of there hands.

Blue eyes looking for confirmation before nodding at the girl. "3." was all that left his mouth before both bolted towards the door without a moments hesitation. Slamming it quietly as to not alert the others before locking it with one of the keys.

Yelling and banging on the door was heard as they race towards a fleet of stairs going down,  hiding when people in white uniform pass by.

They where nearing the concrete wall at a rather quick pace because they know all to well that it won't take long until people catch wind of their disappearance.

The cold midnight wind blowing in their direction as they began climbing the concrete wall the small purple eyed girl taking the lead.

They continued climbing until the girl stopped abruptly, the boy nearly slamming his head on her butt "Melanie why did you stop, we have to keep moving or we're gonna get caught." no response.

"Hey are you ev-.." the boy stopped mid sentence as he heard movement not so far from them. His heart racing as fear crawled under his skin, slowly turning his head towards the source of the noise.

Two small figures laid there. A boy with green eyes and pale skin and behind him was a girl with hazel eyes and golden brown skin that seemed to glitter in the moonlight.

Both stuck in a climbing position similar to theirs as they all stared at each other in surprise. Where they running away too?

All rights reserved