🔲Ep. 3: Razer's Edge 🔲

Episode fanfic Title: Sick Leave

///////////////////////000///////////////////////

(Narrator's POV):

Cassandra was in an unexpected routine aboard the spaceship as the days turned into weeks. Stuck with her uncle and Kilowog, she had adjusted to her new reality, making the best of the situation. A small bond had formed between her and Razer, the enigmatic figure imprisoned in the cell. What began as a mere curiosity evolved into a regular occurrence - Cassandra visiting Razer after his encounters with Kilowog's interrogations. Unbeknownst to her, her presence had become a source of comfort for him, a faint glimmer of light in the otherwise dim confines of his cell. Until one day later, she did not visit.

Meanwhile, Hal Jordan, a.k.a. the Green Lantern, had just returned and headed to work with Aya (A.I.) and later went with Kilowog in the main hanger. "Hey, Cass. It was Hal Jordan, he continues. "I came to tell you that you can visit Razer later since you seem-"

"*COUGH* *COUGH*" A groggy cough echoed throughout his niece's room. It confused Hal before he noticed a tissue stash on the floor. Instantly, he calls out, "Cass? Are you alright?" As he switched on the lights, he saw Cassandra lying on the bed, sweating profusely, which caused her forehead to sweat. Panicked, Hal rushed to her side and shouted, "Aya! What's her temperature?" "Her temperature 102.4." "Jesus... anything else?" Hal asked, "No. Only a high chance of a high fever being increased." The situation felt urgent, and he knew he needed to take action quickly.

"Kilowog!" Hal called out, his voice carrying a mix of concern and urgency. Kilowog, the hulking member of their crew, immediately turned his attention toward Hal and Cassandra's room.

"What's going on, Hal?" Kilowog's deep voice rumbled as he entered the room, his eyes widening when he saw Cassandra's state: she was wearing her green lantern pajamas, drenched in sweat, and her face was flushed like a tomato that you could almost believe she wore makeup only the difference is that she isn't wearing any of it: "She's burning up, Kilowog. We need to get her to the medical bay right away," Hal said, his voice tight with worry.

Kilowog nodded in understanding and moved to lift Cassandra from the bed gently. Hal grabbed a blanket and draped it over her before Kilowog cradled her in his massive arms.

"Let's move, Lantern," Kilowog said, his tone serious as he carried Cassandra out of the room, Hal following closely behind. In the medical bay set near one of the medical berths, secretly, the A.I. remembered her promise to Cassandra and made sure to hide the heart condition from the Green Lanterns from ever finding out about it: "Let's place her here," He instructed, his voice calm but with a hint of concern. Kilowog carefully set Cassandra on the medical bed, and the medical equipment immediately assessed her condition as Aya scanned her. At the same time, Hal said, his brows furrowed as he looked at the display. "Aya, what do we have on board that can help with her high fever?"

"All the medical supplies are in a special order. Aya responded, "Fortunately, we also have a couple of cold compresses that could help lower her temperature temporarily; I can also synthesize a fever-reducing medication based on available resources." She suggested, letting out a sigh of relief come from Hal Jordan as he stared down at his niece in worry before Kilowog put a hand on his shoulder by motioning him out of the room to interrogate Razer:

"Alright, let's start with the compress and the medication," Hal replied, his attention shifting back to Cassandra. He took a deep breath; his worry was evident, but he also carried a sense of determination.

Aya projected a cold compress for Uncle Hal to bring and placed it over Cassandra's forehead, and Hal carefully put it there. At the same time, Aya initiated the synthesis of the medication. Kilowog stood nearby, his expression a mix of concern and helplessness.