AHWM, Patches f///ing dies and Mark sings?

It's the zombie route thing in AHWM.

I'll paste what I wrote in the notes app cause how do I even explain this 😭

Another AHWM fic, this time going down the "friends of the dead" ending. Focuses a bit more on Patches's thoughts and how they feel super guilty about not telling Mark about them being bit. They just wanted Mark to not worry. They just want him to be happy, to be safe. And with them alive that can't be achieved. During the little final date they have, Patches asks for the pocket knife they gifted Mark a while back. They ask him to turn around, take a PB&J sandwich, and ask him to sing them the song they really loved (see the video of Mark with a guitar). Tears roll down their face as they listen to his voice, knowing this was the final time they'll ever hear it. When the song ends, they whisper a faint "Promise me you'll stay safe, ok? ...I love you." before jabbing the knife into their arm, severing it. They let out a gasp of pain, before falling unconscious. Soon enough they end up dying, leaving Mark all alone in this empty shell of what the world used to be.
Or something like that, idk, it's 2:27am, how would I know. All I know is that I cried when I thought of this and oml I need to write it.

So yeah. Very fun.