Chapter 1

"And the final adjustment to the rankings: Opal has proven her strength, courage, and reserve again and again, and it is my decision that she will be moved to the top of the rankings." Snowfall said as she dragged Opal's name from second to first place in the first circle. Opal stepped to the other side of Moonstone, who shot a dirty look at her. Lynx grinned. "Changes are finished." Snowfall announced. "You may go." 

Opal and Lynx flew to the library to study. They had their final dragonet exams in a few days. 

"Great job!" Lynx said. 

"Thanks." Opal said. "I need this."

The next day, when Opal flew out into the beautiful arctic with the Queen, she saw green wings approaching. The guards formed a circle around the queen. When the dragons touched down, everyone knew they weren't SeaWings. They had brown flecks in their scales, four wings, and a strange tail. And there were more dragons. Colorful dragons with antenna. They also had four wings. And there were a few gold and orange dragons with black stripes. Opal was instructed to help escort the dragons into the Kingdom of Sand. She talked with them as she flew, and she realized that two of her icicle horns were behaving strangely...