The girl in the swam .1

Zuko and Azula were poor children who were accustomed to the ways of their tribe

Zuko and Azula were poor children who were accustomed to the ways of their tribe. The southern fire tribe, their tribe was probably one of the smallest throughout the world definitely considering how many times they'd been attacked.

They usually had the jungle as their protection but waterbenders could bend the water in the vines to their will and could destroy the trees with their machinery. The poor, southernly peaceful tribe never had the defense to defend themselves from them either so year by year the fire benders disappeared leaving only one.

Zuko.

Zuko was never taught anything about fire bending so used it the bare minimum often to help his grandfather or sister. His sister was one of a kind in the village being the oldest of her age. She was actually the age to join the warriors, that she would have joined in times of peace to learn combat. That had been tradition in fire tribes for little of a century, but when they left at the start of the water tribe invasions she was a mere child and couldn't come with them.

That was why she started sword fighting by the guidance of her grandfather and village elder Azulon, to prove herself or something. Zuko never understood the long hours Azula would practice in the jungle only helping his grandfather day and night.

Zukos grandfather was wise and had been living in the village for well over 50 years, he had been there for most of the fire nations attacks on there village and had seen person after person taken away by the water nation.

But that is enough with background our story starts with the last firebender in the whole southern fire tribe and his sister.

...

They were out foraging for food in the jungle, monkeys specifically for the village tonight. Azula was halfway through climbing a tree and grabbing a monkey and zuko sitting on the floor a couple feet away from Azula's tree Zuko could see a monkey a couple feet a way on a tree.

Slowly he approached the monkey insuring that he kept giving his sister praise so he could get the monkey without him noticing. His sister had a big ego so didn't really want her younger Brother getting a Monkey before her.

Zuko slowly approached the tree and cut the branch the monkey was on shocking the monkey enough for it to jump into the air. Zuko cleverly shot into the air with a couple small blasts nearly grabbing the monkey until His sister swung back her sword had hit him in the face with the hilt of her sword.

Both Azula's and Zuko's monkeys scurried away leaving them monkey-less.

Azula turned to Zuko with a furious look.

"Why whenever you use your magic-fire-hands I END UP WITH NO FOOD!!!"

Azula shouted effectively scaring literally every monkey in the surrounding area away.

Zuko looked at her with a pissed look.

"Your the one who just hit me in the eye Azula!"

Azula and Zuko continued their little fight until suddenly the swam water rose, sweeping both of them off their feet and into the water.

Azula was the first to wake up.

She ran over to her brother a couple feet away and shook him awake.

"ZUZU!!! ZUZU!!! ZUZ-"

"IM ALIVE OKAY!"

Zuko groggily sat up looking around at the dark sky and his older sister.

"How long was I out?"

"It's only been a couple minutes since I woke up, but I'd say at least 7 hours?"

"OH GOD!" Zuko sprung up his mind going a mile a minute. "Grandpa's going to be so worried! Where even are we? What I'd we never get b-"

"SNAP OUT OF IT! MUTTERING CANT SOLVE ANYTHING!"

Zuko turned back around to face his sister.

"IM TRYING TO THINK OF A PLAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NOTHING! AND I HAVE A REASON TO MUTTER IM WORRIED ABOUT GRANDPA HE'S OVER 80 YEARS OLD AND..." Zuko was pacing up and down his arms swaying and his fire quirk going slightly crazy. Azula could see her brother was going to lose control of his fire quickly if he continued and Azula was not up to be burned today.

"...IS DOING EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF!!! NOT LIKE YOU'D EVEN KNOW ALL YOU DO IS GO OFF.."

Zuko yet again failed to hear the loud crack as he burned the ground around him and the trees.

"Zuzu."

"...INTO THE WOOD EVERYDAY TO "PROVE YOURSELF" LIKE WHAT THE HELL I DO EVERYTHING IN THE VILLAGE!!!..."

"Zuko."

"...IVE BEEN A GOOD GRANDSON FOR GRANDPA WHEN YOU JUST COME AND GO..."

"ZUKO WATCH OUT!"

Just then a large branch snapped falling
where Zuko had been standing mere seconds ago before he rolled over.

"Did I do that?" He whispered in shock.

"No!" Azula replied "I burnt the whole forest with my magic fire hands." She said sarcastically.

Suddenly the ground around the siblings rose sweepin them off their feet onto the hard dirt, the ground rose into several large pillars of earth before falling revealing the tree from before their was a Glow light from inside and a small girl fell down from the tree trunk.

"We should leave Zuko."

"What? No there's a girl and she looks hurt."

Zuko ran over to her and checked if she was still breathing, slowly she opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Who are you-u?"

"I'm Zuko and this is my older sister Azula we're from the Southern fire tribe."

"Fir-re trib-be?"

Slowly the girl stood up and Zuko got a clearer look at her she had large blue eyes with a kinda gray color to them and she had short black hair. When she stood up the ground shifted almost a like a mini earthquake had happed int the 10 metres around the girl in front of them.

She stood and stared at the two her eyes judging them intensely.