5

July 15th, 2000

July 15th, 2000

IT'S been over a week since we moved in, and people have already heard of me. I hear the whispers, people gossiping about the mysterious new boy who moved in. I find some amusement in this new fame, though truthfully, I couldn't care less. It's been interesting though, meeting the new people. I wasn't used to people like this in Seattle. So... carefree. It's definitely a change of pace. Especially being next to the big city. It makes doing my business easier. 

The nightlife in the city is definitely different... more vibrant and lively. I've been to a few clubs so far, not that I had a choice. I have to extend my business somehow. Not being in Seattle, I have to be more creative. I wouldn't say I don't enjoy it though. The music, the drinks, the girls... especially the girls. I can't lie and say I don't enjoy it, because I do. But what I really enjoy is the respect. People recognize my name, and they fear it, as they should. The things I've done... the sacrifices I made. I deserve it. I believe that instilling fear is a necessary means to an end; without it, things won't get done. 

I've already signed up for a street race on Saturday. I've placed a 10k bet on this win, but I'm not worried. I've never lost a race... and people know that. Consider them lucky I didn't raise the price, especially considering I recently upgraded my car.. a Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. I put a lot of money and time into my baby, so losing isn't even considered an option. The races are risky though, I've had some crazy past encounters with police at these races, but it's a part of the experience. But, they would never catch me, I am always one step ahead.

As I drive back home, I notice my neighbor Ayla walking, bags in her hand. Stopped at the red light, I watched her. She stands there, fixing the shopping bags in her hands, clearly struggling a bit. Even when struggling, she maintains her calm state. It's different, I'm so used to seeing people. emotions getting the best of them. Not thinking, I pull over to her and roll down my window. 

"Need help?" I ask, tilting my head slightly. I don't know why I'm doing this, my mind hasn't been functioning properly since having dinner with the neighbors last night. I remember the surprise I felt when Ayla opened the door, dressed in a cute little dress that hugged her curves, her face softly touched by makeup- and beautiful. And when she turned around to walk me to the dining room, I definitely wasn't expecting her ass. You might call me a perve, but I couldn't help but stare. 

Her gaze fixates on me, her eyes widening in surprise. She looks shocked, probably at the fact that I'm here and offering her help. I arch an eyebrow, silently urging her to speak.

"No... I'm fine" She responds hesitantly, her hands fumbling with the bags, out of nervousness.  For some reason, I hate that. I'm so used to instilling fear in others, but with her, it's different. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me. Licking my lips I sigh. 

"Look, you got a handful of bags on you. A little help wouldn't hurt." I say, hiding the plead in my eyes. She sighs, shaking her head. 

"It's okay, I don't want to be a problem," She replies. I furrow my brow, clearly not buying her words. It's never been this hard getting a girl in my car.