Chapter 1

Chap One :)

[CHRIS]

~

"CHRISANTHA JOHANNE LAUREEEEEL! WAKE UP, WAKE UP! It's our first day. You won't want to be late on the first day of school, will you?" That's my little sister, Julien, yelling at my subconscious form, by the way. Ugh.

Wait... what?

"What do you mean we're late for school? It's summer, you little-" She cut me off.

"No, it's not. C'mon, get your lazy ass out of bed." That's when it hit me. I wasn't in the States anymore. I thought I was just having a bad dream... a really terrible dream at that, but I wasn't. I am in the Philippines. Not that I hated the place, It's just that I fail in all things social like trying to fit in and adjusting to... uh, you know, people and stuff. Psh, whatever. As if there's something I can do about it.

I groggily stood up and dragged my feet to the shower. I adjusted the water temperature and felt the warm water drizzle all over me. So relaxing... So calm... Sooooo... I heard a familiar *ting* from outside. It was my phone. Probably some twitter notification or something.

I stepped out and put on my uniform. Walking downstairs, I can see Julien and my parents swallowing large, strawberry-topped pancakes. I dashed to the table and got my own share of the food before my sister eats everything. She has this really big appetite, you see.

"Good luck on your first day of class." Dad said, smiling.

"Yeah, good luck to me." I replied in a sarcastic, sing-song manner while stabbing my pancakes with a fork.

"It won't be that bad, Chris. Just give it a chance. The people here are nice." Says mom.

"Really?"

"Really."

"I love you, mom." I pecked her on her right cheek and stood up.

"Let's go?" I announced.

Julien grinned widely. "I never thought I'd see the day."

We said our goodbyes to mom and hopped in the car. Why Julien reacted like that? Well, my whole family sort of knows that I am not that enthusiastic about coming back here in the Philippines after centuries. Well, not centuries, of course. I'm a bit of an exaggerated gal. We kind of migrated to the US when I was four because of issues with my not-so-nice mates in play school. My sister was still sticking in mom's tummy at that time, so it's her first time here- which explains why she's all excited. As for me, I currently have my back slumped shotgun while releasing heavy, disappointed sighs every now and then.

"We're here." Dad. We stopped in front of a green lawn surrounded with white fences. Further was a three-story building which, most probably, is our school. 'Here goes.' I murmured as I opened the car door and stepped out of our black Ferrari. I heard my sister's 'woahs' and 'omgs.' I chuckled silently. She really is amazed, isn't she?

"Why is it so... pink?" She asked dreamily.

"I thought you'd like that." I said.

"No. I mean... Wow. Just... Wow." The school's exterior walls we're light pink with white posts. From outside, one can see the classrooms' outer walls we're hot pink. Do they even have guys here?

"Come on, pink girl. Let's get you to your room." I told my still-amazed-and-drooling-sister. Julien's a 4th grader... or a grade four student, in Pinoy terms. I'm an 8th, which means I'm a second year high school student.

A young woman, probably in her mid-twenties, approached us as we were climbing up the stairs to the lobby. "Hi. I'm Ms. Martinez, Secretary to the Principal. I was assigned to guide you to your respective rooms. I believe you're Julien Grace and Chrisantha Johanne Laurel?"