Chapter 1

In my past life, I've lived my life working diligently, harships never ended, not even allowing myself to relax or take a break.

Except for every night, I read web novels to relax, even though it might seem childish. It helped me escape the boredom in my life. Even it's easy to end this life but that something I couldn't do.

This hope, born from my parent's hard work and love, was the only thing that kept me going.

There was this novel that had caught my attention. I became engrossed with it as soon as I started reading.

It was about the story of a villainess who woke up after a coma. Even after the coma, she was still treated ruthlessly by her two-faced younger sister.

Her younger sister was Lilea. She was the typical heroine from such stories, always getting the attention of other male leads.

Lilea was the favored daughter, inheriting the Marquess's legacy power, while Vrie was treated as if she lacked legitimacy.

"Am I not your daughter too, father?"

The day her father scolded her for being harsh to her sister. Even though, her sister acted far to make me the one who did the fault.

"Daughter? You're no longer mine. You lack the lineage's power. A worthless trait won't be acknowledged as my daughter."

Ever since her mother left her in childhood, she had to fend for herself, devoid of the family's legacy power.

"Then cast me out, father. I no longer wish to burden either of you."

Her father's gaze halted, meeting Vrie's dark blue eyes, lacking the faintest hint of enthusiasm.

He had long sensed this child's desire for his attention, but now, it seemed unexpectedly twisted.

Was this an attempt to gain his attention?

He gritted his teeth.

"Sebas, bring me the papers. I'll teach this child a lesson. From today onward, you are no longer my daughter."

He thought, 'One day, she'll return, begging for my mercy,' and grinned at the notion of her eventual plea for forgiveness.

Despite his smug grin, Vrie watched her father sign the papers, knowing this day would inevitably come. The weight of his disapproval bore down on her shoulders, suffocating her with the bitter reality of his rejection.

Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision as a tidal wave of emotions surged within her.

Wearied by it all, she contemplated quietly ending her life somewhere.

How she wished to erase these moments from her memory, to erase the torment they inflicted upon her soul, praying to forget them entirely seemed to be a better fate.

After the papers were signed, Vrie spoke softly following her father's final words.

"I'll remember this day, father. I won't trouble or disappoint you further."

A prick of something unfamiliar stirred in her father's heart, reminiscent of his former wife's words.

“Someday, I'll vanish without a word once I realize you never truly loved me,” echoed his ex-wife's voice in his mind.

Clang.

The gates of the Marquess family estate suddenly closed, leaving behind only a petite figure.

The news of the Marquess's eldest daughter's disappearance spread, as the Marquis informed everyone that she had eloped with a man, escaping from their home.

The Marquis had no knowledge of any man suitable to match his daughter, yet he was determined to find her.

However, the truth was documented differently in a book. It stated that the eldest daughter of the Marquess was discovered dead in the forest, devoured by wolves. Her lifeless body was found wearing the same torn dress she wore when she departed.

Witnessing the torn dress on the corpse, the Marquis was devastated and immediately blamed the man with whom his daughter had supposedly eloped, believing he was responsible for her demise.

Little did he realize that his daughter was alive, existing in the flesh.

After I died in that world,

I became her.