Chapter 1: Payment

Riley stood in front of Avery's office. Their heart pounded. They breathed in and out. Then, they knocked on the door. "Come on," Avery said. Riley opened the door and walked into the room, closing the door behind them. "Do you know why I called you here Riley," Avery angrily growled. Riley froze in fear, trying to find the correct words. "Well, spit it out child," Avery yelled. "No ma'am, I do not know why," Riley stuttered. Avery growled, showing Riley her fire red eyes. The sight of them caused Riley to cower in fear. "I called you here because you haven't been paying your rent," Avery said.

Riley began sweating. "You do realize that if you do not pay, I have an obligation to kick you out," Avery stated. Riley worriedly nodded their head. "Good. Then here's the deal, I want one hundred dollars on my desk by Friday evening. Considering that it's Monday, you should have plenty of time to get it," Avery said. Riley gasped. "But one hundred dollars is so much," they responded. Avery slammed her hands on the desk, scaring Riley. "I don't give a fuck! You will give me my money. I don't care what you do to get it. Ask around the neighborhood, find a job, steal, hell, you can whore yourself out for all I care. Just me my money you pathetic child," Avery yelled.

Riley lowered their head, silently crying. "Do I make myself clear," Avery asked. Riley nodded their head. Avery poured herself a glass of vodka. "Good. Now get the hell out of my office. You have school in an hour so get ready," She said. Riley left Avery's office, on the verge of crying. Then, they bumped into Robin, another child at the orphanage and Riley's childhood best friend. "Hey Riley, are you okay," Robin asked. Riley wiped the tears off their face. "Yes. I'm okay," Riley said. Robin looked up at Avery's door. "Did Avery threaten you again," She asked. Riley quietly nodded. Robin embraced Riley in a huge. "Don't worry Riley. Don't let Avery get to you," Robin said.

Riley hugged Robin back. "Thank you Robin," They said. Robin smiled and patted Riley on the back. "That's what friends are for," Robin said. Robin looked at a clock on the wall. "It was nice talking to you Riley. I have to get ready for school," Robin said. Robin quickly ran to her room to get ready. "I should probably get ready too," Riley thought. They walked up the stairs and grabbed a towel from a cabinet. They then entered the bathroom. There was nobody else in the bathroom. "Good, I'm the only one here," They said. Riley took their pajamas off, revealing that they have both a cock and a vagina. Riley looked at themselves in the mirror. They looked somewhat disappointed. "Why couldn't God have given me just one gender instead of both," They asked themselves. Riley turned on the water and waited for the tub to fill.

Once the tub was full, Riley entered and sat down. They began washing their short blonde hair. Scratching the shampoo into their hair. "What am I going to do about the money? I guess I could ask around the neighborhood. Wouldn't hurt I guess," Riley thought. Riley dunked their head into the tub and gently shook their head around, removing the shampoo from it. Riley emerged their head from the tub and quickly ran their hands through their hair, removing any remnants of shampoo left behind. They then began washing their body with a bar of soap. Riley made sure to get under their arms and between their thighs. Riley quickly washed off the rest of their body and got out of the tub.

They wrapped the towel around their waist, and once again stood in front of the mirror. Riley's bright purple eyes stood right back at them. They grabbed a toothbrush and brushed their teeth quickly but efficiently. Riley then walked out of the bathroom where they immediately got knocked over by another occupant of the orphanage. "Watch where you're going," Riley yelled. The other kid ignored them and turned the corner. Riley stood up and walked to their room.

With no else around, Riley quickly took off the towel and got dressed in their school uniform. As Riley left the orphanage, Robin was waiting outside. "Hey Riley. There you are. I was waiting for you," She said. Riley was a bit flustered. "Oh, sorry for keeping you waiting," They said. "It's okay. Would you like to walk to school with me? I don't really like walking alone," Robin asked. "I would love to walk to school with you," Riley said. Robin grabbed Riley's hand and began sprinting. "Awesome," Robin yelled.