Love Hunt

Chapter one

Don't Doubt the Broken Road

As she sat there slowly rocking on a park swing in the pouring rain, Lani Kendall always thinks " why am I here, I am not wanted, loved or respected." As Lani sits there watching time pass her by and every opportunity she has, turned down. She sits and waits all the time for people to love, want and respect her, as she waits Lani comes closer and closer to realizing that it won't come to her, she has to come to it.

Growing up as a kid seemed to be fun and carefree...for most kids, but for Lani was the exact opposite. At the age of eight, she went to the store every other day to buy food essentials for her parents and older sibling, Katie. Occasionally Lani she fed and bathed the pet Yorkie named Snickers (if her mother, Dawn even let her touch the dog). Every weekend, instead of going outside to play with her friends and enjoy the fresh air, Lani would stay inside and clean the whole house. Living this way wasn't easy but it also wasn't impossible.

Missing out on life was one thing but doing it young and alone was another. As all of this was happening in a flashback dream overnight, Lani started learning that it all happened for a reason, she just needs to finish the dream...

___________________________________________________________________

"TIME TO GET UP LANI YOU'RE GOING TO MISS THE BUS AND IF YOU DO YOU WILL WALK TO SCHOOL!" Mrs. Kendall (Meredith) called from the living room.

"JUST ONE MORE MINUTE!" Lani shouted from her laundry room-like bedroom.

Getting up on a Monday morning was one of the hardest things Lani had to do. After working so hard every weekend trying to make her parents happy and proud of her, but as much as she tried she just wasn't loved as much as the others. Being the middle child was always the hardest because you couldn't do something because someone was older than you or you couldn't do something because someone was younger than. Maybe that is one of the reasons Lani wasn't as loved as the others.

" IF YOU ARE NOT OVER HERE IN 3 MINUTES YOUR-"

" I'm right here mom no need to yell," Lani exclaimed as she poured her cereal.

" The next time your late, I'm going to ground you and give you nothing but more chores to do!" Meredith commanded.

" but-"

"No buts, now get out of here the bus is here," Meredith said

One thing about Meredith was that she wasn't equal with all of her kids, Stephanie (Steph) the eldest was always driven to school with her own large room and bathroom, Charlie the youngest was always spoiled with toys. While Lani got nothing but a laundry room size bedroom, a bathroom to share with her brother, clean everything and do all the hard work. She always wondered and tried to find out why her parents were like that and whenever she asked, they ignored her, tried to change the subject or asked her why she wanted to know. So like any teenage girl, she just walked away from the conversation completely.

Chapter two

Life can be good