4: silver spring

-

You were knee-deep in paperwork, completely consumed.

Adjusting to the time difference didn't prove difficult, but you were jet lagged beyond belief.

Exhausted.

You'd spoken to Noriaki, updated him on your current... well, predicament.

"Do what your heart desires, love. I know you'll love me all the same."

You knew Noriaki meant well, but his words still stuck in your brain all the more.

Quite frankly, you had no intention of doing anything other than your job.

You'd given Joseph a stern talking-to, called to make sure Suzi was alright.

As far as you were concerned, the Joestar's affairs (quite literally) were their own. You were here for work.

Your Led Zeppelin III record played softly while you adjusted your glasses.

Ever since you'd lost your eye, the other faced incredible strain. To ease it's efforts, you used glasses when you'd spend long periods of time working or reading.

It was getting late, around 11:00 PM.

You'd been working for about three hours, deciding it was probably about time to turn in for the night when you received a knock on your door.

You already knew, by yet another coincidence, Jotaro was staying in your hotel.

You discovered it hours previous when you ventured outside for a smoke break and caught him in the lobby.

That's all this was after all, just one major inconvenient coincidence after another.

You sauntered across the room to the door. Looking out the peep hole you were met with someone's chest. It was Jotaro. He was in his pajamas, not his normal street clothes, but you could still tell it was him.

Who else would it be?

You opened the door, inviting him in.

"What can I do for you tonight, Jotaro?"

You sat back down at your desk, picking up your pen and adjusting your glasses.

"I couldn't sleep, so I figured I'd come visit you."

He was lying.

"Well, thank you. But, I know you better than that. I mean, come on, it's been years but I can still read you like a book. Be honest with me, why are you here?"

He sighed heavily, breathing out his nose.

"We ended things poorly, you know, after Egypt. I wanted to talk now, we're both adults and I think we know better now."

"Well, you're damn right about that first part, but go on."

"I..." He rubbed his temples, sighing once more. To anyone else, he would seem annoyed, but you knew he wasn't. "I just, for my own sake, want to know. Is there any chance we could pick back up where we left off?"