44

Jungkook closed the diary with blurred eyes and soaking cheeks, his heart felt like someone have squeezed it hard. He can't breath it's suddenly felt difficult. The Saturday morning in New York would change like this he never in his wildest dream he imagined. When he opened a strangers bag to read the address to return it. He didn't think it would turn out to be his best friend's diary.

The same friend whom he have crushed whole highchool. He tried to find her like crazy but he could find her " excuse me Mister stranger , you shouldn't be reading someone else private diary, oh wait are you crying? " He hide his face and wipe the ears off.

And turned toward the source of sweet voice ringing in his ear, a five or maybe six year old girl leaning toward him wearing a cute barbie dress. A white cat in her arm while a cute fluffy dog following her. Her features seems familiar, eyes were brown just like someone he know even the lips matches. It can't be.

He get froze when he heard the voice he was dying to hear from past 12 years " Kim Tiana, how many times should I have to told you don't talk to strangers-" her voice stucked in her throat when her beautiful eyes landed on Jungkook, the man of her dream. She thought she'll never met him again.

Jungkook allowed his eyes to trail over her features, she looks more lady like, more mature, more pretty. She look like one of those Greek sculpture, he just want to grab her and kiss. All the memories invade in both of their mind, eyes filled with pure agony.

" let's go baby" she blinked, the dream broken within few seconds, Jungkook eyes were fixed on the arm of man which was securely holding her waist. He have officially lost her. The heavenly handsome man look at Jungkook with a odd expression and asked " you are?"

" I'm Jeon Jungkook, we are old fr-riends " he look at y/n to say something she never did " Jungkook? The highchool one? She told me about you, I'm Kim Taehyung her husband " he introduced himself and forward his hand to shake. Jungkook accepted.

Husband, no wonder her choice is always good, The man is so good-looking. They talked for sometime, Jungkook got to know she became a professional dancer and now teaches here in New York, her husband own a big cargo company, they met on a event where she was the performer, he fell in love with her dancing and his mind to marry her.

Jungkook don't know if he should feel happy because Taehyung is best for y/n or he should feel jealous that he can never be on the place of Taehyung " dad, I want ice cream " Tiana whined for nth time, Taehyung stand up picking her up in his arm " then we are going to your favorite place, y/n you can catch up, see you" and with that he is gone.

Silence, we sat in silence, she didn't said a word to Jungkook since she saw him, he was dying because of ignorance " y/n" her name sound so foreign from his mouth. She look up and smiled at him, the smile he could die for.

" I'm sorry" he said fumbling with his finger clearly showing his nervousness " why did you left?" She asked, for the first time she spoke just to ask him this. Jungkook took a deep breath and prepared to answer.

" The same night after our ki-kiss, my dad was chased by local gangsters, they stabbed him and asked to take the case back, we were very afraid y/n, we left the country. My dad asked us to change our numbers so no one can trace us, I'm sorry u couldn't contact you and when I did you weren't there, I unable to find you" he answered honestly and cried his heard out in front of her.

She kept seated with the blank expression and didn't said anything, dkes she still hate him? Can she take him back? But again there wasn't any back. Jungkook chuckle through his tears " you look happy, a cat and a dog, you just have to made 68 more children " he chocked on his words when tears didn't stopped. This is funny and depressing at the same time.

Y/n hold Jungkook hands and made his look up, he saw the soft expression on her face, the same she held the night he cried in her arms " I'm happy," she stated " Jungkook, you were most beautiful phase of my life which I can never forget, you gave me reason to keep going, you motivated me enough, thank you so much for being the stars to guide me through darkness but now I have found my moon"

Jungkook squeezed her hand more tightly cause something in him saying, this is last time he was holding it " I loved you" grammar, Jungkook couldn't understand why grammar was so important however when she said loved instead of love, he understood. He was a past, forgotten past " I love you too"

Again none of them said anything, after like infinities he left her hands and wipe his face clean " you won't forget me right? " He asked and she shook her head " I could never" she slide the strap of her purse on her arm, " we should leave it here " she said eyeing the diary and he nodded slowly, she didn't even want him to even keep the last thread of happiness. He nodded and left the diary before followed her till gate.

They both were about to exit together but Jungkook slide aside and gave her way out first, nostalgia, they both remember the first day of their meeting and for a split second they feel like forgetting that they were married, forgetting everyone and everything, just kiss however they couldn't.

" that's goodbye I guess?" He asked " yes, Goodbye Jungkook " the difference was, that time both blushed and smiled as stranger. Now both of them were crying while showing their back to eachother, they were back to stranger but this time with memories.

People in your life are not permanent, they came and go , leaving a life  lesson, a heart wracking, soul healing memories behind

People in your life are not permanent, they came and go , leaving a life lesson, a heart wracking, soul healing memories behind. You have to keep lesson in head and memories in heart and say goodbye. That's life.

____
Drop your opinion if you liked the story

I hope it was okay.

Till then goodbye ❤️