Forest

"Have you seen them?!"

        "Sure did! They got it this morning—you think they're waiting 'til lunch to make an entrance?"

        "Wouldn't surprise me! Those Durmstrang boys will give our quidditch team a run for their money!"

        Katsuki snarled quietly. "Never thought Gryffindors would be such vicious gossips," he shouted over his shoulder, though there were quiet a few squealing Hufflepuffs in the chattering group behind him. "But I guess you're all to 'brave' for common sense!"

        While most of the—looked like second years, maybe third—cowered to stutter out apologies, a particularly stupid red scarf boy planted his hips, showing just how little common sense he really had. Which must have meant—

        A gentle hand came down on his shoulder from the other side, a chipper voice keeping him for hurling a curse at the other kids. "Easy, Kacchan. Nezu won't let you play if you get into another fight. And you—" the hand slipped off his shoulders and turned to the younger students. "Don't go picking fights just because you think your seniors will get you out of trouble. He's not above waiting until I leave to send you to the nurse. Now, scram."

        At his behest, the last of the little devils scampered off, and Katsuki's friend sat heavily beside him. Katsuki grumbled, "I coulda taken them, Deku."

        Izuku blinked, green eyes wide. "Uh—duh? I know that, jackass, but Nezu is serious this time. Any more fights, and they won't let you play against Durmstrang this year! And this is our only chance—we're too old next year."

        Katsuki scoffed, brandishing his wand. "Let them try and keep me off the pitch. I'll hex their legs off."

        Izuku frowned, largely unimpressed with Katsuki's usual antics. "Kacchan, that joke wasn't funny when you said it three years ago to Tensei Iida, and it isn't funny now."

        "Bakugou! No wands at the breakfast table!"

        Katsuki wrinkled his nose in disagreement, quickly stowing his wand under Professor Aizawa's hateful glare. His head of house knew a mean curse that he did not want to be on the wrong side of today. "You only think it's not funny because he lost his legs during the match with Beauxbatons that year. He can walk again, so—funny."

        Izuku groaned. "I can't do all this you right now. If the team weren't meeting—"

        "Yo—Midoribro!" An arm slung around Katsuki from the other side; a Hufflepuff with no sense of self preservation. "Practice tonight, right? Have you seen the Durmstrang boys yet? Huge, I tell you—their beaters look like trolls!"

        Despite being annoyed at the contact, Katsuki cackled at the thought of big, ugly, Durmstrang behemoths. "Well, Denki, all of us can be pretty and evil. Seems to be another skill for me to hoard."

        The blonde Hufflepuff winced, another dark-haired, yellow-tied boy named Hanta sitting down beside him. The newcomer grinned with a straight set of teeth. "It's nice to see you finally admit to being evil. Hey, Deku—keep the bludger away from my head next time, yeah? Shit hurts when you're blindsided."

        "I told you—" Izuku flicked a spoonful of porridge at him. "—that was Shoto. He's still upset about the way Kendou nearly knocked him off his broom during the last Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw game."

        "But we're on the same team now," Hanta whined. "Not my fault Itsuka plays mean. But speaking of Shoto, where is our other Beater? And our Keeper—heaven forbid, our glorious team captain is late?"