surprise!

"Father, I didn't! I didn't, I swear it, Father, don't send me back to the Dementors... No! Mother, no! I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't know! Don't send me there, don't let him! I'm your son! I'm your son!" The claim that he had anything to do with someone losing their minds was shocking but not unfounded. The court was loud, but the next few words silenced everyone. "Please! My son needs me! You may not, Father, but my son does!"

He couldn't. There was no way. "He's lying!" One yelled, and the angry yells began again. The man was shipped away to Azkaban just like he originally was going to be. But the man's father couldn't ignore the chance of having a grandchild, and he did.

The child looked just like his own when he'd been an infant. He couldn't take it. He couldn't raise this clone, so he wrote to the only person he could think of.

'𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐴𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝐴𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑑, 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝐴𝑧𝑘𝑎𝑏𝑎𝑛 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑. 𝐼 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑚𝑠 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒, 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑, 𝐼 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠. 𝑊𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛.

- 𝐶𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ'

░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

"Mr. Crouch, you know I respect you, but why on earth would you want me of all people to take care of your grandchild?! I'm an auror, not a babysitter. My career would take me away too much, I don't even have anyone to watch them well. I'd be gone. You and me both know being a auror is dangerous." Moody explained. "I know! But there's no one else I can think of. Please just do this for me, and I'll be in your debt forever. I just can't do it." The desperation and pleading was pitiful, moody felt like he had to agree, this was Barty crouch Sr, the minister of magic for God sakes.

Sighing, he looked at the other who looked a mess. "Fine. I can't promise anything through. Does the kid even have a name?" The minister seemed hopeful, "Evangelos, according to their birth certificate, but I've been referring to them as Evan." He explained, leading Moody to another room, one with an infant wrapped up in a blanket and laid in a nest of blankets. "We got rid of the crib we had long ago, so I had to make do."

The baby was covered in freckles with slightly curly brown hair along with brown eyes and looked to be a bit over 1. They truly did look a lot like their father. "Are they a loud baby?" Moody asked seemingly, regretting agreeing already. "What? Oh no no their quite easy compared to others." Crouch assured. "And if your son somehow escapes Azkaban looking for his kid?" Moody questioned. "I'll make it look like the child went missing. No one will know, but you, me, and my wife." Crouch explained, moody nodded.

░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

"Lying bastard." Moody groaned, rocking the loudly crying baby at an ungodly hour of the night. "I am an auror, not a parent. What am I doing?" He questioned to himself. The baby quieted down, seeing the one eye that continued looking at them. Well, moody head was resting on the back of the chair his eye was looking down, and the small baby reached up, grabbing at it and getting moody attention. "My eye? Really, that's all it took?" He whispered to himself, not wanting the kid to start crying again. "Petty! Petty!" Evangelos babbled, trying and failing to say pretty. "Whatever you say, kid." He grumbled, falling asleep well. The child stared at his blue eye.

𝐻𝑒'𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑, 𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑢𝑝 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. 𝐻𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠, 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛 𝑢𝑝 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡.

𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑦𝑒 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑤 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝑢𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑠, ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚.

𝐻𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑝ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙, 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑒𝑡. 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒. "𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦?" 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘, 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑝 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒.

𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒. 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. "𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒." 𝐻𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑, 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑, 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ, 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎 𝑢𝑝 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑎 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑖𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑, opening his eyes seeing he was in his house, laying in his chair with the baby asleep in his arms.

His breathing was heavy and ragged, trying to calm his quick heart rate. One of the few good things about being an auror was being able to quickly calm yourself down. In reality, he was just happy the kid was asleep finally. He tried to recall the face, but every time, it changed bit by bit, making it impossible to remember completely.

He couldn't wait for this kid to eventually be off to hogwarts.

░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓